AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Dignity of Calls - Coordinates

Well the evidence says that it was either mistakenly set in the wrong position, disturbed and reset in the wrong location, or intentionally moved. Wh...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Surveying, Close Range Photogrammetry

No I don't mean that, but that's my take on what others seem to be saying.It is my belief that a licensed surveyor can be both an expert in measuremen...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Surveying, Close Range Photogrammetry

Yeah, my sarcasm showing. CA seems to have a good handle on the licensing of surveyors. But NY it seems the license is so unworthy it is to be avoid...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Surveying, Close Range Photogrammetry

All professional licensing is restraint of trade.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Surveying, Close Range Photogrammetry

Sorry for your troubles Lee, I'm sure you will soar through the exams no problem. You are certainly not the problem locally, nor those with similar w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Definition of Surveying, Close Range Photogrammetry

"Land Surveyor Technician" is not a statutorily protected title in NY. As far as I can tell you can call yourself an engineer or a surveyor, if you t...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor created gap...Now what?

Plant a hickory tree next to the rebar and call it good?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Who remembers these? DMD's

Sure, and had my students do them before area by coordinates. I always thought it helped the learning process to see how things could be worked out l...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Centerline @ End of Girders

Rare earth magnets would hold it, but not sure plastic or aluminum would be tuff enough. Rare earth magnets can be brittle as well, so have to slide ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Based Evidence

Dave, I think coordinates can be monuments. Consider that wealth is accumulating in a very few individuals and corporations. They buy and sell prope...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: All you armchair judges

I agree from a practical standpoint. And I would have given it no chance for the same reasons you put forth. Except, there is this trend to always a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Coordinate Based Evidence

The hierarchy is not a fixed statutory code that is always followed exactly. For instance sometimes Area is the most persuasive element in fixing a b...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: All you armchair judges

Well, all of the evidentiary rules are for the purpose of determining intent of the parties. And, the consummation of the bargain is the deed, so tha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Recent Article on Utah Acquiescence

I don't believe it. History tells us that settlement preceded or followed closely the survey of the public lands (and the same thing in the colonial ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: 2015 NSPS OFFICERS ELECTION

Not necessarily, but my method was to vote for those from States with higher degree requirements and larger scope of practice (subdivision road and dr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse possession/Aquiescence - Utah 2014

I think it is unusual, in fact very unique, standalone even. My recollection is that Utah statutes have stated that title changes hands under their a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse possession/Aquiescence - Utah 2014

Yes, so predictable. Whoever can occupy for 10 years gets it, either by deed or fence or whatever. When you move away from retracement (however slim...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking the FS exam in another state

NYTaking the FS exam in another stateNY was one of those. I think there was a court case that says that's not allowed anymore. I think all States ha...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking the FS exam in another state

It is pretty much that easy. Find one that fits your credentials. The only catch is there may be a limit on how long it's good for. Used to be you ...

12 years ago
Page 45 / 97