AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: property line dispute

Only two. Appeal the decision to the next highest "kangaroo on a trampoline" court. Or, if you're not rich, go relax and forget about it.

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs. Ground in data collector

Mock PostMaybe you misunderstood me. You can probably figure out how to convert the data. Maybe it will then agree better with someone else's. But ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid vs. Ground in data collector

Mock PostYou won't be able to figure it out, and sounds like the boss doesn't care to. Sounds like your instructions are to change the distance label...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Certification - "successors & assigns"

I agree with that mostly, but I think you are liable only for the contract period in your jurisdiction (ny is 6 years), unless there is a clause in th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Certification - "successors & assigns"

I just wrote it as I thought about it. I haven't done an ALTA in more than a decade. My surveys usually have no certification on them. When they do...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Certification - "successors & assigns"

Don, it's just basic contract law, any text book should mention it. I think what you are probably referring to is liability for negligence. Anyone h...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Certification - "successors & assigns"

Liability runs only to those parties the surveyor could reasonably be expected to contemplate will rely on it. During the first year we can reasonabl...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Survey Certification - "successors & assigns"

"Certification to successors & assigns is extended only during the first year, as measured from the date of the survey. Certifications to success...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes something a boundary survey?

Glenn, Wouldn't that bring up an evidentiary scenario where one would have to show how many people relied on a surveyors opinion v. how many didn't? ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes something a boundary survey?

The problem with that is that I can't force someone to rely or believe in my opinion on a boundary. Likewise, I can't then force them to not rely or ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What makes something a boundary survey?

If all you promised was teeth whitening, is it dentistry? Apparently not, according to the U.S. Supreme court.So, if you promise it's not a survey th...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing Without a License

I used to think it was a shame too, when I was in your situation. But over the years I've seen too many instances where $500 favor or low bid has bou...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing Without a License

You would be telling your friend where the property line is and documenting your opinion. Some have commented that if it's documented well already th...

12 years ago
Reply
12 years ago
Reply
RE: National Park Service survey information ??

Any time federal lands are involved, the BLM is a good place to check.Just a quick search turns up the following, but they may have more.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad GPS

Derek, if you're sitting waiting for results you probably should start looking to buy. Last I knew the plan was to not add dealers and make sales thr...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad GPS

Thanks Shawn!

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad GPS

I think I'm just outside that line between rome and indian lake. Although I'm not sure how to actually check to see whether glonass is being used or ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Javad GPS

I don't know how it compares. But I was out sunday with the Triumph LS mapping a pond and border between spruce bog and marsh area on skis. So takin...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Lost My Virginity...

Yikes, she's firing on fort Sumter? I'm sure you will defeat her:)Seriously though, I think a thorough job risks more complaints than a cursory one. ...

12 years ago
Page 44 / 97