AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Certifying distances on a Horse Track

dajones, post: 366938, member: 2397 wrote: We have been requested to provide a certified statement verifying distances and grade on a track at the Coc...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Post-processing and RTK - Javad's latest development

Shawn Billings, post: 366364, member: 6521 wrote: I then went to DPOS on the LS and set it to only perform base processing, since I knew that CORS dat...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Convergency?

Jim_H, post: 366212, member: 11536 wrote: I know that the PLSS datum is based on true bearings and meridians converge. Conceptually I understand, but...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

aliquot, post: 366104, member: 2486 wrote: I assume that most subdivision regulations have provisions for corners that are impossible to monument (wit...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

Kent McMillan, post: 366036, member: 3 wrote: So, the solution is to just let the clients dictate standards and have the licensees either decline to d...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

aliquot, post: 365959, member: 2486 wrote: Well stated. Many jurisdictions have minimum standards for the monumentation and survey of newly created b...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

Kent McMillan, post: 365945, member: 3 wrote: The reality, though, is that there is an opposing tension between demands of the marketplace for cheaper...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

Kent McMillan, post: 365936, member: 3 wrote: Yes, I agree that the purpose of the rule is to identify the marks of prior surveys described in some in...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Triumph LS Users, a ?

gschrock, post: 365864, member: 556 wrote: It is a great idea and feature... definitely gets a cool sticker:Detect conditions that would indicate a ba...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

Kent McMillan, post: 365888, member: 3 wrote: Actually, what the applicable rule of Texas practice says is: "(e) Boundary monuments found or placed by...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it Found or is it Set? Fence Corner Post as Monument Sidebar

Shawn Billings, post: 365739, member: 6521 wrote: Except those aren't the parameters of the exercise. I never said what the material of the posts was,...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tape Survey

Paul in PA, post: 365426, member: 236 wrote: A tape survey as I know might involve more time than an electronic survey. Quite often the instrument to ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Tape Survey

not my real name, post: 365384, member: 8199 wrote: An attorney asked me what comprises a tape survey. My response was that it was not a survey. While...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Looking to purchase new GNSS equipment

debbiej, post: 365109, member: 11514 wrote: I'm looking to purchase some new equipment. Just one GPS Rover system that will be linked to a local RTK ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing RTK and Post Processing in Canopy

dmyhill, post: 365259, member: 1137 wrote: I am sorry that you felt I defined "fixed". I simply observed that no matter what any receiver tells me, i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing RTK and Post Processing in Canopy

Shawn Billings, post: 365258, member: 6521 wrote: Duane,You are correct that cluster average and cogo>average use a weighted average. The weighting...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing RTK and Post Processing in Canopy

Shawn Billings, post: 365255, member: 6521 wrote: Your definition of "fixed" is inaccurate. Fixed, is a flag from the processor that the difference i...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: The Role of Land Surveyors in Society

Dane Mince, post: 364602, member: 296 wrote: Dave please provide an example of where a surveyor applied title rules to a boundary location. I want to ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New England stone walls along roads

Hack, post: 364576, member: 708 wrote: The original question concerned the "face" or "middle" of the wall. As a practical matter most people in Mass u...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: New England stone walls along roads

Gromaticus, post: 364121, member: 597 wrote: From the "How many of you prove all found monuments" thread: Good idea! I have an old "that's how we al...

11 years ago
Page 36 / 97