Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
MD Surveyor, post: 385815, member: 10081 wrote: I don't think I am confusing the two. In your opinion the description of the real property is dependen...
Robert Hill, post: 385807, member: 378 wrote: You answered my question with a question. So I'll do the same.So what is the ethical approach tosettle t...
MD Surveyor, post: 385805, member: 10081 wrote: This is an interesting opinion. A couple of points regarding it:At the time this subdivision was creat...
Robert Hill, post: 385763, member: 378 wrote: Yes, maybe in the end this becomes a question of tax money and legal opinions of an county attorney.The ...
MD Surveyor, post: 385739, member: 10081 wrote: The County subdivision ordinance states "any lot that was not duly recorded in the official land recor...
MD Surveyor, post: 385670, member: 10081 wrote: I have a client who's father hired a licensed surveyor in 1985 to subdivide part of his parcel into si...
Jones, post: 384023, member: 10458 wrote: Does the Berol Turquoise meet all of the International Organization for Standardization, standards for mecha...
Holy Cow, post: 384017, member: 50 wrote: Pen man myself. Eschewed pencils decades ago. Do it right the first time. That'ss myy motttoo. Berol's t...
Monte, post: 383900, member: 11913 wrote: I want to share my like for wooden pencils, as I like how they feel over the mechanical pencils between my f...
Kent McMillan, post: 383739, member: 3 wrote: The stated reason for the elimination of old Rule 663.15 was published in the Texas Register as follows:...
Kent McMillan, post: 383273, member: 3 wrote: That is exactly what you'd get out of adding conventional measurements between points located via RTK an...
Kent McMillan, post: 383143, member: 3 wrote: The real value in adjusting vectors derived by GNSS methods is to lift the curtain on the black box and ...
Mark Mayer, post: 383096, member: 424 wrote: Well, no, you are not. I've used several different receiver/data collector combinations and they all have...
Kent McMillan, post: 382943, member: 3 wrote: I think that the more professionally defensible answer is that as we rely increasingly upon the geodetic...
Kent McMillan, post: 382924, member: 3 wrote: Actually, to be clear, the tough pill to swallow is how carelessly RTK tends to be used and how little R...
John Evers, post: 382923, member: 467 wrote: Is this the case today? We all use a magnetic locator already.If it is, then this fact is perfect proof t...
Kent McMillan, post: 382803, member: 3 wrote: The natural further development of this integration of a magnetic locator into the rover will be to use ...
Robert Hill, post: 382633, member: 378 wrote: Secrecy and profits is not a factor in non-recording states. Your inference that such is so, must be bas...
Nate The Surveyor, post: 382500, member: 291 wrote: Here is a list of the common Metal Detectors, in use by land surveyors. In no particular order. Un...
hlbennettpls, post: 382523, member: 10049 wrote: I have had this happen a few times and usually it was w/drawings that didn't really "need" images att...