AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Yes or No Again

I don't think anyone who didn't perform the survey can really have an opinion on which line is more likely to be held if it went to court.?ÿ But this ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: A confusing Situation

This new survey company only said the dimensions don't match??ÿ What else did they say? Did you retain them to re-survey??ÿ Ask for a report to go alo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Yes or no

An old adage is you can't be mapped out of title.?ÿ But it has happened.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: JAVAD Questions

1 - I don't know 2 - fixes are pretty much instant just about anywhere, whether they're any good is the question. Closer CORS make it faster and bette...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I upgrade to a newer GPS receiver?

@kjac Well, the idea is to make money from the investment.  If you do enough under canopy where it would save enough time to equal or exceed the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Old property markers?

@jlpowel85 Are you saying a different type of point was described and you found these instead? If you're not finding what was described, or if no pa...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How does GPS tilt compensation work?

I can recall plenty of times questioning the instrument operator how they could write down 190?ø when it obviously is more like a 50?ø angle between t...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Deeds One Minute Apart

@dave-karoly Agreed, and if I recall CA is same as NY, race-notice-inquiry notice.  So even if "C" has not actual knowledge they might be charge...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Deeds One Minute Apart

@dave-karoly No conveyance. It's evidence of intent in subsequent conveyances.  Simultaneous conveyance is one of those legal fiction things. I ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Deeds One Minute Apart

@jamesf1 That's sort of the way it works in NY.  Courts recognize subdivision as simultaneous conveyance, but say the intent as evidenced by the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Deeds One Minute Apart

I think all jurisdictions would call it sequential if the parcels have different chains of title.?ÿ On the other hand, if this represents a subdivisio...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@dave-karoly Yes, it's ridiculous. Clearly the government screwed up and accepted something less than they bargained for, or the contract was changed...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@dave-karoly Yeah, a lot going on in this case; judicial notice, different line types, non-merger of contract for sale, calls of on the river interpre...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How practical is it for someone who is not a professional surveyor to own a surveying company?

Not legal in New York, so probably not practical:)?ÿ I forget percentage but might be 50% or more ownership has to be licensed surveyor.?ÿ Had a call ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@aliquot The developer produced a map showing subdivisions on both banks with lines to center from each bank.  Later decided to only subdivide o...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@dave-karoly Yeah, so now they go back to trial level and argue about adverse possession.  And then it can get even stickier as this case that c...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@mightymoe Interesting, is it CO?  So, if privately owned bed but no right to use the water, then who cares about title?  What sticks in th...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@holy-cow Yeah, the law does evolve.  The trend began when instead of having trouble selling such lots at all, they began to realize the highest...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Scrivener's error (I think)

@linebender I would go normal to the thread unless that caused some major problem. I agree line is center/thread.  Trend in the law is to do awa...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Arrgghhh

@hollandbriscoe That's bad. If they were paid to do it and didn't, and claimed they did, could be construed a criminal act.  Presumably your cap...

7 years ago
Page 12 / 97