AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: I'm trying not to scream.

@bruce-small If it's permeable asphalt it's doing much of what a wetland does.  Wonder if it's protected from paving over with impermeable? ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Arrgghhh

I don't see in your post where the previous surveyor set the corners??ÿ If the map says they set them and they didn't that's one thing, if it doesn't ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@norman-oklahoma I could be wrong, but my understanding is that's not true with RTK.?ÿ Static on a known point is different.?ÿ A receiver fixes in rtk...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@jim-frame Yes absolutely, and that's all I'm trying to point out.?ÿ Because, many folks think least squares is a check for blunders in GNSS RTK, when...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@mark-mayer But isn't that just indicating one of the two is a "bad fix" outside the LS software analysis?  My understanding is that LS software...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

@norman-oklahoma But unfortunately LS will not find a blunder in a GNSS position alone.  You would need a traverse run through the point as well...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: In Search of

I don't know, but if you can figure out in your studies why anyone would label a curve included angle "D" instead of "D" being degree of curve, please...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Practice Questions Help

Exams require the best answer, not necessarily the correct answer, without reading anything into the question that isn't there (but maybe should be). ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: my word vs the office guy

No reason you should have a 50 foot backsight.?ÿ No reason a company should have someone in charge of a field job that doesn't know that.?ÿ No reason ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with more responsibility at your job

Depends. You can have more good experience in a few months in the field with one employer than you will get in three years with another.?ÿ From your o...

7 years ago
Reply
7 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid and True North

Old Surveyor's toast: "May all your lines be Agonic!"

7 years ago
Reply
RE: What would it take?

@mathteacher I know, not much of a profession without secret terminology.  I knew what a arm bone was as a freshman high school-er (and the neck...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: kitty-corner

I remember this in the news a few years back.?ÿ this is a pretty good article and link to court case: ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed: Excluding and Including Conveyance to Center Line of Street

@bulgin Yes probably.  Opposing side could argue abandonment among other things. One of the reasons I mention private condemnation is because yo...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed: Excluding and Including Conveyance to Center Line of Street

@bulgin If it's merely not mentioned, it probably still exists.  A current survey should show something like that.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed: Excluding and Including Conveyance to Center Line of Street

@bulgin Not an easement by necessity, which I don't think you would qualify for.  The private condemnation is available in NY when all other thi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I talk to an attorney?

Is your client represented by counsel??ÿ If so, it's a violation of attorney professional responsibility rules (ethics) to try and get around that cou...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed: Excluding and Including Conveyance to Center Line of Street

Sounds like you will need an attorney to look into a private condemnation for access; you will also need a thorough survey that searches all adjoining...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Prisms for staking out

I use GRZ4 on 2-5 foot pole.?ÿ 5mm but 2mm if aimed at correct face.?ÿ Good all around prism I use for everything I have to do. And my mm are more acc...

7 years ago
Page 13 / 97