Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
I met one of?ÿ the test question writers once who explained they are educators that know nothing about surveying but presumably know the rules for mul...
@bill93 In addition, the court could still find these acts constituted a boundary by agreement. Or not, depends on particulars.
@bill93 Depends on the deed language in part. Had a subdivision where developer set pins but the deeds he gave called lot and block, and called...
@dave-karoly I looked into this a bit and found it may be water. Needles have high water content and water blocks/interferes with signals. ...
If he gave them warranty deeds I would think he's liable to both and should at least pay legal fees for both parties. Either fraud or practicing witho...
@bill93 Still similar I think. If a single tree goes missing with no logging next door, that would be like a monument "missing". But much like ...
@bstrand So, another analogy might be timber trespass. Quite a few prosecutions for this where no video evidence of the thief. Dollar values of...
@bstrand No but it might be like speeding. People go 63mph in a 55 zone and 43 in a 40. Never get pulled over, unless you exceed that bec...
@awhitlock29 Love to hear you are licensed! Hope we had at least a little to do with it:) Check out the online options, there's an awful ...
@awhitlock29 Thank you! We didn't get cancelled because we were not a great program. It's complicated and local politics involved so don'...
@bstrand Sure it does. Did you think prosecutors care. Felony convictions make them more electable.
@dave-karoly I know, it's counter intuitive and against what most of us were taught beginning surveying. Deed is king, statute of frauds, laten...
One way to encourage prosecution in such a case is for surveyors to charge enough for the monument that stealing it is a felony.?ÿ The corner may be c...
@dmyhill All the original parties agreed the deed didn't say what they agreed on.?ÿ So the deed can be "reformed". Cow's client is apparently an hones...
@party-chef Yes, he actually seems like quite a good surveyor; despite his measurement abilities. If that doesn't get him back to castigate me I do...
@warrenward Sometimes the courts make a distinction in cases of mistakenly set monuments. They hold after a certain amount of time not because ...
@aliquot Yes, I think he posted only portion of map. His explanation is right on in the post, and I bet he put it on the map (I saw reference t...
@awhitlock29 Yes, I was there 13 years. Are/were you familiar with the program (it's no longer available)?