AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
drilldo
drilldo
@drilldo
Free
Joined: April 5, 2014 11:45 am
Last seen: July 7, 2026 6:14 am
Topics: 60 / Replies: 267
Reply
RE: Where is the best place to get a cracked TSC3 screen replaced?

@smithsurveying Thanks. I did see those for sale. I am not afraid to do it myself. Did you just dive in and figure it our on your own or did you find ...

3 months ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on magnetic locator

Thanks for all the input. As a land surveyor I can certainly see a magnetic locator as essential gear. I imagine you guys are looking for pins on an a...

7 months ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 2442
Reply
RE: My new base / repeater battery setup

I did. I was surprised as well. I originally put the two batteries because I wasn't sure how long it would last. I am using CMRx which seemed to make ...

7 months ago
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 1802
Reply
RE: Repeater battery life

Thanks. Not many options on where to put it. Very remote area. Two hours from pavement. Only one high spot that will reach entire project area and no ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Repeater battery life

The solar panel is a great idea but I donƒ??t have one and donƒ??t have a local source and am headed to this job tomorrow afternoon.

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 642
Reply
RE: Can anyone offer any insight on this?

Thanks. I am near Lubbock and I am surveying with Texas North Central SPC and NAD83. My data collector displays degrees and I was converting them to q...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Can anyone offer any insight on this?

I went and searched and sure enough it was there. The recently put a new coat on the road and the correct spike was covered up but the one I found had...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Can anyone offer any insight on this?

@turnercyrilh Thank you! I will go check it out shortly and report back. You weren’t by chance out surveying in the section East yesterday were...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Can anyone offer any insight on this?

There is less than 3’ elevation difference across the entire tract. 

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Can anyone offer any insight on this?

If the railroad spike in the SE corner was moved south and east the 3’ or whatever everything else would match up but this spike represents the ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Can anyone offer any insight on this?

Thanks. That is kind of my thought as well but I was hoping that an afternoon spent finding these monuments and shooting them in would give me a warm ...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 22
Views: 892
Reply
RE: Staking out points at fixed interval - Trimble

Just wanted to give an update as we got it surveyed and are doing our testing now. While exploring ƒ??continuous topoƒ? which I had never used before...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking out points at fixed interval - Trimble

Thanks guys. I think the stake to line is what I was looking for. Continuous topo the road to get the line. Then go to one end and set the first point...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking out points at fixed interval - Trimble

Yes I was planning of driving the road with a rover to see where it is but I am not sure how to create points at a fixed interval along that line.?ÿ

7 years ago
Page 1 / 17