AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: funny names for small measurements

@holy-cow?ÿ Pretty sure I have actually said that...and been understood.?ÿ "Right a smidge...left half a smidge."

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New Career Need Help

I would think you could buy a copy of ACAD and a good computer, hang out your shingle, and make close to $100k a year right now doing engineering (dep...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New Career Need Help

@jhickman?ÿ Won't you need another PLS to work under during those 5 years?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TSC7 Screen Protector

@bstrand?ÿ Dont know about sun. They do make matte ones, so maybe. For me it is more about protection, as they seem to hit the ground a lot more tha...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 878
Reply
RE: Staking Curb - Top or Flowline

OP buried the lede on that one. His contractors read plans AND are flexible??ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: My First legal description as writtien for a lab I submitted.....

@jitterboogie?ÿ jfrems <[email protected]> That is the source I know of for Wattles. Fascinating anachronism, literally mail order only. (Can...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: My First legal description as writtien for a lab I submitted.....

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ I have at times wondered WM is always there. I suppose it places it in a unique position on the entire earth, but generally we als...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: My First legal description as writtien for a lab I submitted.....

@james-vianna?ÿ that is also true around here, and generally the clue it is non-tangent is that they call out a bearing to the center, I rarely see "...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TSC 7 and iphones

Friend of mine runs FC5000's and has the same issue. I talked to him, and apparently turning off the Bluetooth can help. We will do some experimenting...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

In the end it doesn't matter if they understand you. For this all to work, they need to be able to follow your instructions or get their own license. ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@shawn-billings?ÿ It was, and I admit that was a bit of mixing and matching.?ÿ ?ÿ The local precision appears to be within the specs, which I think...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: RPLS Washington State

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ Yep. And I am happy for it. It means that we can have upward pressure on our billable hours and we can start to complete for good ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TSC 7 and iphones

@rover83?ÿ The iphone and TSC7 apparently do not connect up with WiFi

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 8
Views: 951
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@shawn-billings?ÿ That said, a friend of mine regularly runs various brands of RTK through a calibration baseline, including points with overstory. M...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: My First legal description as writtien for a lab I submitted.....

Wattles has a work book associated with the yellow book on descriptions. (I believe the workbook is green.) Might be interesting for your education.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Subject to all easements, restrictions and reservations...

Currently struggling with a very poorly written "together with such and such easement" It just doesn't make sense, too ambiguous. Now, I know what th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Experimental magnetizer for buried irons

@bill93?ÿ ?ÿ Bill, you are the real science guy.?ÿ

5 years ago
Page 43 / 155