AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@shawn-billings?ÿ Now tell me: What is the precision of the datum to the real world? ?ÿ Seriously. I remember a seminar by a very knowledgeable for...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@half-bubble?ÿ that made me laugh

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@lurker?ÿ So you answered your own question...you can create repeatable points. It is always about how much error...and that part of the professiona...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@rover83?ÿ ?ÿ Far more useful to quote the whole thing, because I think the WA statute works very well. While setting a standard, it also allows for...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ Yeah. Had this conversation about a fellow professional around here. The board has dealt with him a few times, but the lawyers hav...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@mightymoe?ÿ Take a Leica GS18, the stated performance for RTK is 8mm plus 1 PPM. When it comes to redundant measurements, they would need to be spac...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ Yes, slightly off topic...I have often wondered if shall always means maybe now, or just for the ALTA/NSPS Standards.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@mightymoe?ÿ ?ÿ Even 0.10 might be difficult using RTK exclusively. If you have a reading of 0.03', that is only 65% from what I understand. If you ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Quandary

@peter-ehlert?ÿ Yeah, you get into some weird stuff. Some surveyors I follow behind I see 4 different breakdowns of the section. And each guy had acc...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: GNSS Baseline Boundary Surveying

@rover83?ÿ The ALTA people said "shall" means maybe... Either way a 1:x accuracy statement is an anachronism. But, you cannot get 1:10,000 on a 100 ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ amen and amen

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

@aliquot?ÿ I see where the misunderstand came.?ÿ You create a distinction where there is none. The original physical monument on the ground IS the c...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

@scott-bordenet?ÿ Is the original obliterated? Lost? ?ÿ Let's fall back to a PLSS corner. If we can reestablish the location of the original positi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

@scott-bordenet?ÿ ?ÿ I think that the question is most often: "What would a typical local surveyor (operating under good faith and reasonable proced...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Monuments....That Aren't

@aliquot?ÿ I could be incorrect in my understanding of what you are saying, but it seems that you are advocating a "beyond any doubt" standard of evi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you relax and take your mind away from work?

@northernsurveyor?ÿ Did you build that boat?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you relax and take your mind away from work?

@james-fleming?ÿ ?ÿ With work hours like that, burn out would not be an issue.

5 years ago
Page 44 / 155