AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
david-baalman
david-baalman
@david-baalman
Free
Joined: July 15, 2016 3:40 pm
Last seen: September 2, 2026 4:12 pm
Topics: 8 / Replies: 116
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

Chord length is easy: arc length/radius = delta (in radians) x180/pi= delta (in degrees) chord is 2*radius*sin(1/2delta) = 116.31' I don't see enoug...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 2009 Manual Signing Ceremony

One of my employees "won" a signed copy of the manual (including a photo of the signing ceremony) at the 2022 PLSO (Oregon) conference. He gets to kee...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment for sale -- not quite vintage but nothing overly modern

Update: Trimble 5700 stuff is sold, still have the rest

5 years ago
Forum
Reply
5 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Trench Danger

They don't even have to be 20' deep. About a decade ago an acquaintance of mine, who had worked for the company I now own many years before I started ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

It is, unfortunately, standard practice in WA, but that doesn't make it right. It's bad here on my side of the state, but it's much worse on the other...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

Based on the facts given: 1. Yes it controls the sideline. More importantly why wouldn't it? Why would the monuments set to mark the centerline of th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How in the world are lenders still sending out requirements 2016 ALTA/NSPS Minimum Standards???

Funny I had a request this morning that included their ALTA requirements, which are from the 2011 standard. And you guessed it, they want it certified...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Why is there such a weak signal from some iron rods?

My dad (retired PLS) had to find and dig up his septic tank about 5 years ago. It took some effort to find it, so we swung it in off the corners of th...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this

I think a lot of people get bogged down on the wrong issue. Jeff Lucas puts it well in?ÿThe Pincushion Effect by saying that there are 2 questions whe...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: I hate this

I agree with Nate, record & measured dimensions, like this: (not sure if that's actually big enough to read, bottom line: S7?ø04'54"W 83.69'(M) ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Where does the line run today?

@holy-cow so he accepted the section corners but not the 1/4? At that point why not go to the initial point and work your way in from there? Here that...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Where does the line run today?

B. Monuments over measurement when the monuments are relied upon in good faith by landowners OR represent a good faith effort by a prior surveyor to s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Wind

About 20 years ago I was the most junior party chief in the company, and was therefore assigned the junkiest old truck in the fleet. It was one of the...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 610
Reply
RE: Help with setting up some old equipment

I used to run a set 3 many years ago. Might be similar. On that instrument you had to put it in the right mode by pressing "CA" on the gun before it w...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The apples fell far from the tree

I've never understood that line of thinking. By their logic they shouldn't accept the section control from post 1990 either. They should go to the ini...

6 years ago
Page 2 / 7