AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
david-baalman
david-baalman
@david-baalman
Free
Joined: July 15, 2016 3:40 pm
Last seen: September 2, 2026 4:12 pm
Topics: 8 / Replies: 116
Reply
RE: Squatters

I keep a box of milk bones in the truck for dealing with mean dogs. Maybe something similar would work here. “Hey buddy here’s $20 why don’t you go to...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss defining curves in tract descriptions

I do generally hold the monuments when they exist, and I try to hold whatever element appears to be the defining element of the curve, which per Wattl...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss defining curves in tract descriptions

I don’t say that a curve is to the left or right in a description, I state its direction of concavity “… to the beginning of a curve concave to the so...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Zone AE

If it’s inside the line on the firm map delineating the flood zone it’s in the flood zone regardless of elevation. If it’s above the bfe, then a loma ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Why not Metric??

I have 3 good ones, but first I'd like to thank GaryG for digging up my favorite Simpsons quote, and I'd like to point out that grandpa Simpsons' 40 r...

9 months ago
Reply
4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Hewlett Packard - 3820A Total Station

Believe it or not, I have located a quick reference guide. It's not in the best of shape, kinda crumpled up at the bottom of the instrument box. I've ...

4 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Certified Federal Surveyor (CFedS) Training Program

I've had the CFedS since 2012. I can say that the coursework is outstanding, and has made me a better surveyor overall. That alone has made it worth w...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Help With HP35s

I'm more of an old school HP-67 guy, but I think I'm right in this when I say, it's not the letter I, it's the indirect address register (I), which is...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: New Member in Pendleton, OR

Yes join plso! Also note the blue mountain chapter has a workshop scheduled for next Saturday 11-19-22. Great speakers and great topics planned!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: call yourself a liar

If you can't look at things you've done in the past and find things you might disagree with now, you've either (a) not done much in the past or (b) no...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Nerd

Also note itƒ??s a 6ƒ? stainless steel cap, just to add to the sarcasm.?ÿ

4 years ago
Topic
4 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 1479
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@holy-cow Hell no! If we are dueling I'm using my chaining grips & plumb bob!!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@bstrand Within 6 arc seconds yes. 33.54' arc length at 60' radius is a delta of 32d01'42". 158.68' arc length at 60' radius is 151d31'42". Add those ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@bstrand simple they gave the delta only on the overall curve and the arc lengths of the individual segments for each arc, but not the deltas for them...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@bstrand the delta of 183-33-30 is the overall delta of the curves across lots 3 and 4 up to the reverse curve on lot 4

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@bstrand youƒ??re saying that there is no 60ƒ?? radius curve that can result in an arc length of 158.68 feet?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@bstrand I didnƒ??t say that they were. If youƒ??ll look at the chord distance comp I showed, youƒ??ll see I computed the delta angle based on the arc...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining my Chord bearing and distance

@bstrand I don't see what's leading you to that conclusion. I see a leader with curve info (including a 60' radius) pointing at the curve in question,...

4 years ago
Page 1 / 7