AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
dave-lindell
dave-lindell
@dave-lindell
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:41 pm
Last seen: January 20, 2026 5:20 pm
Topics: 144 / Replies: 1540
Reply
RE: A sad testament to the state of surveying

Better yet, make those donations to the Church of Dave in Pasadena.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Beerleg?

The phrase I was taught was "If an eagle can sh!t there, I can sit there".

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Client stands me up two times.

I knew a contractor who asked the plumber to stop by and pick up his check. When the plumber arrived the contractor asked him if he could come back in...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Indiana License Number

I found a brass tag in Whittier once that was stamped "RCE?ÿ 3" (back when Civil Engineers could do surveys). I checked and he was still active!

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: An Exciting Announcement

You got the L.I.A.R.s part perfect!

9 years ago
Reply
RE: "Site" Survey quirk

Thank you, one and all. I clicked on the hatch, it lit up the random line and I deleted them and then reentered a new hatch and all is well. (This sit...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 860
Reply
RE: Topcon FC-48GX

I looked all over for a manual, never found one. I decided it was so much like Survey Pro that I would fumble my way around and through it. See the A ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insults for surveyors

I was offered a sextant once as partial payment. I would have taken it if it didn't have "U.S. NAVY" in large white letters engraved on it.

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: Student Research Topic: Total Station historical pricing, how much did they used to cost?

1995 or thereabouts the Mekometer 5000 (0.1 mm +0.1 ppm) costs $125,000 with all accessories. It was purchased for crustal dynamics (read earthquakes)...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole Depth Measurement

We used to measure manhole depths with the aforementioned 25' Fibreglas rod. We would tape a 4' lath to the bottom so that 2' extended beyond the bott...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Architects!

Didn't someone on this board call them "Archy-turkeys"?

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Free Stationing / Resectioning

Worse case: setting up on a circle that all the points are on.

9 years ago
Page 49 / 85