AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
ctompkins
ctompkins
@ctompkins
Member Founder
Joined: December 7, 2010 5:47 pm
Last seen: September 25, 2026 6:49 am
Topics: 80 / Replies: 535
Reply
Reply
RE: How well does a Javad LS work in the woods?

Thank you for the post and the reports. Based on the file path, I am glad I am not the only one using Google Drive as my company network. ?ÿ Kudos.

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1081
Reply
RE: Say What?

@?ÿCameron Watson PLS Thank you for that response as I believe it is indicative of many situations surveyors and also of design firms find themselves ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Say What?

Posted by: Cameron Watson PLS I've always worked in multi-discipline firms like I think Moe's low ball competitor is.?ÿ At my last job with a rather l...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel survey - how would you have done it?

Good job on the accuracy, that takes time, care and experience and willingness to just figure it out sometimes. The only thing you may have considered...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling equipment

I second Norman Oklahoma's comment. I don't use mine often either, but when I need it I need it and it has more than paid for itself. ?ÿ I have a Leic...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Salary question on another forum (not from me)

He sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and yes he should feel cheated if the area pay scale is more than an entry level rodman. Business 1...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Language again

By law in our state, you are supposed to describe the exact nature of the corner found or set. It sure saves head scratching in even 5 years if that i...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment purchase advice.

"My cousin just retired after thirty years as a Marine Corps aviator.?ÿ He said the two best lessons he learned in OCS were: Always train everyone on ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: My take on solo surveying

Well therein lies the whole crux of what our profession has to decide. Are we legitimate? If we are legitimate, then our prices, behavior and communic...

8 years ago
Topic
8 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 871
Reply
RE: Surveying Vests

Who is that guy in the picture? I thought you were a solo shop?

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 851
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 495
Reply
RE: New total station and scanner advice please

With scanning, I would look at the new BLK360 from Leica. 17k out the door and really does most of what we would need. I also hear it is going to be a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pictures

Field Dog, post: 448816, member: 9186 wrote: We're required to take lots of pictures of every survey we perform in order to aid the CAD techs. Our fie...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA with cardinal /plat dimensions

What's your role with this presentation? Are you guys construction staking the new project? I get the impression you are going to be staking this proj...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble S3 2" for sale and more

Edwin Baez, post: 445135, member: 13005 wrote: Trimble S3 2" fully robotic360 prismTwo S batteriesTwo TSC2 data collectorOne is running survey control...

9 years ago
Forum
Page 2 / 31