AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Unfortunate web page photo

This type of weather is the exception to the rule; we celebrate the Pacific Northwest Rain Festival from January 1 to December 31 here.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hi from Vancouver BC

Welcome from just across the border in Lynden, Washington!

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I NEED A DATABASE

I will definitely look into QGIS and PostGIS since they can read PG natively. Thank you.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I NEED A DATABASE

Thank you very much for this information- you may have saved me substantial time by not having to re-invent the wheel where applicable.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: I NEED A DATABASE

This is a great topic, and one that perhaps should be given stronger consideration IMO (especially by myself). When I set mine up, I'll probably use L...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How or why did you become a surveyor?

Back in 1990, I was working for DSHS in an institution. One Wednesday afternoon I walked by the personnel office and saw a "local list" posting for an...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collector Platform

I failed to mention that my Mesa 2 tablet runs Win 10 Pro...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collector Platform

We use Leica CS15s at work with both Carlson & Leica Viva installed. The TS gets Carlson (although we do have Viva just in case); the GS14 GPS uni...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Schools with surveying programs

As for Bellingham Technical College, I have found that the graduates from their program tend to be top-notch. My outstanding co-worker being one of th...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Books / Exam Prep Material

I wish you the best on finding a copy at a reasonable price. Lexis?? Law Publishing issued a second edition in 1997 and it sure wasn't in print for ve...

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Sokkia Set5 330R3 with a Carlson Explorer for Sale $1,800

A +1 on Ethan's post, I have the 3" version of this gun. A good deal IMO.

8 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Eight seconds

Surveyor #6's prior career was making Swiss watches. And prior to that, employed with a piano manufacturer. Or at least it seems so... ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: "100 Year Knot"

I'll have to see if that one is in the Ashley Book of Knots I bought 40 years ago...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Fieldgenius/Microsurvey punative pricing practices

Posted by: Richard Imrie So is it the case that if you don't "renew", the software stops working? It should still work. However, one will not get upda...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: TI-84+ for survey class?.... or HP35s

At the risk of threadjacking, I use my HP50g quite regularly since I have a very large number of programs that I've written since late 1991 when I rec...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Jury Trials

I served on a jury about six months ago. Prior to that, back in 1988... the most recent case took about ten calendar days of time. And yes, it was str...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Hand Drafting

Posted by: RADAR Posted by: BrandonA If CADD did not exist, I would not have picked this profession...my penmanship is terrible. I am thankful CADD ex...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Data Collectors ƒ?? Why?

I think that it might have difficulty understanding some of the more colorful "construction" language... 🙂

8 years ago
Reply
RE: When your data collector dies...

I received an e-mail today from a representative at MicroSurvey; he said for $200, they will transfer the FieldGenius license to another device.

9 years ago
Page 5 / 28