AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: A new one for me

Reminds me of going to my local spent nuclear material depository, gathering up some depleted uranium rods and cutting them into 36" lengths to be use...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does any one here know of a successful prosecution for destruction of a survey monument?

@dmyhill Yes, I'm aware of BORPELS being the licensing authority. However- although the BORPELS has the teeth- it seems as though public agencies are ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does any one here know of a successful prosecution for destruction of a survey monument?

Although WSDOT- my employer- has been doing better, I still wouldn't mind seeing some of the engineers in the agency jailed for monument destruction v...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: POB Magazine Moves To New Pay-To-Play Model

I receive xyHt and The American Surveyor, and used to get Point of Blundering a while back. Been a LONG time since I read anything in POB, but I did l...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: 1969 Turns 50

Back in the days when you could tell where someone lived, just by their telephone prefix...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retiring Surveyor

@jp7191 Absolutely!!!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Retiring Surveyor

I plan on retiring next year after I turn 60. At that time I will have 41 years of State service in, 29 with my current agency. Not sure if I'll miss ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Cotton spikes

Wow, this thread goes back to the days when rest areas had hitching posts!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Imperial to Metric to Imperial, 1997 style

We designed and constructed (and also shelved) a number of metric projects in WSDOT back in the mid-90s because it was federally mandated. It was fine...

7 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 2311
Reply
RE: I took the FS Exam today.

As far as difficulty goes, I thought the FS exam I took was much more challenging than the national PS exam. I was thoroughly unsure if I had passed o...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse Error

This reminds me of some control we inherited from another office a couple of years ago where the corridor was very narrow, zero cross-ties and adjuste...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Hub & Tack curb staking

It has been a very long time since I've staked any C&G, but we used to set H&T every 25 feet on tangents and at 5-foot intervals IIRC on curb ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: To reach description

I've been wondering this for a while now myself. I know WSDOT still requires a 'to reach' description for new monuments in their database, and I still...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS Webinar Apr 25 on the fate of the US Survey foot

We typically work with large coordinate values and our projects often stretch several miles, so the difference in U.S. Survey Feet vs. International F...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Best/most affordable cad software

Oh, one more thing about TPC: in my opinion, they have everyone else beat with respect to price. You can produce good-looking surveys with it with muc...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Best/most affordable cad software

A timely thread as I'm also looking for same. I have Traverse PC 2013 and although it works, it does have some peculiarities such that I'd like to get...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors and lead exposure

This is quite an old thread but one worth resurrecting IMO. Back when I started with WSDOT in 1991, we set L&T all over the place for centerline ...

7 years ago
Page 3 / 28