AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: FieldGenius .raw to Star*Net .dat convertor and multi-sets.

Back in the days when we booked observations, my PC taught me to take the average of each individual D/R set and throw out the high and low ones; we d...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Python coding transformation problem

Should there be a space between 'helmert' and the '+' sign?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: POB magazine folds operation

It's been a very long time since I read Point of Blundering. Years ago it was pretty good IMO, I especially enjoyed the legal articles.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rising Cost of Doing Business

I'll refrain from commenting since I work in the same state. I do NOT want to get banned.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Non Standard Abbreviations

@norman-oklahoma I think Parker-Kalon discontinued their manufacture in 2012 or thereabouts. The last one I remember setting was around 2013 or so, al...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Non Standard Abbreviations

They're still setting PK nails? Shoot, those are collector's items now. I *always* strove to differentiate between MAG nails, PK's, and other assorted...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Microsurvey Field Genius

FWIW, although I use a legacy manual total station (Sokkia SET330R3) I had some communication issues with an earlier version of FieldGenius. Namely, m...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone here once used a Tellurometer?

Never used one myself but read about them in ancient history books. Apparently one had to be very careful shooting over grassy fields, etc. where the ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: The Best Tripod Ever

We used Leica tripods day in and day out for years. Pricey, but a very good value in the long run.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How many business owners allow field employees to carry personal cell phones on the job?

Until I retired last week, I usually carried both my State-issued phone and my personal phone. Not an issue as long as personal use of either one on c...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Visit the RPLS Today Exhibit Booth at the 2020 LSAW Conference

Shucks, I done missed the RPLS Today booth... SHAME ON ME. How did I ever fail to do so?? Hopefully I don't get banned from here because of it-

7 years ago
Reply
RE: You might be an old surveyor if...

...you've wiggled in a point or two or three, or perhaps even a double wiggle.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Bob Vollmer

Extraordinary. Surveying since Edmund Gunter was in diapers 🙂 Wishing Mr. Vollmer the very best!

7 years ago
Reply
RE: WA State-specific exam to be 40 questions...

@jt50 Yes, you are allowed to bring in books, notes, but NO smartphones (only NCEES-approved calculators). All notes and references must be bound, i....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: WA State-specific exam to be 40 questions...

Here is the breakdown of subjects ("domains") from BORPELS:

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Curious as to what the most popular data collector used?

I chose "other" since although we use Leica CS15s where I work- one each for the TS (Carlson) & GPS (Viva)- I use my Juniper Mesa 2 w/FieldGenius ...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Windows 7 -> Window 10: Time for a new computer

@bstrand I will +1 with respect to building your own. As far as saving $$ versus a prefab PC... nowadays, maybe, maybe not. Individuals don't get the...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Does any one here know of a successful prosecution for destruction of a survey monument?

@norman-oklahoma There are not very many surveyors left in WSDOT, and the few that remain are not appreciated by the deified civil engineering staff ...

7 years ago
Page 2 / 28