AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Tip your hat to a mentor

I've had a couple of them.The late Eric Soderquist, P.E. (whose granddad was a PLS) was the first one who really taught me the importance of uncomprom...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What is "successful" in our business ?

Since I have been employed in the public sector for 99.9999% of my working life and only about 16 of my 36-plus years of employment has involved full-...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: WORST surveying equipment ever used

Strangely enough, I've always had pretty decent equipment to work with but then again, I work in the public sector...I did hear about some Dietzgen th...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: “What is your all time favorite surveying instrument”

Schonstedt with the optional "Stone with 'X'" module installed...Seriously, though, I'd have to say our current Leica TS15, 3" total station ranks rig...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Practicing Without a License

This thread just reminded me of something that happened several years ago.My aunt and uncle owned some acreage a couple hundred miles away and planned...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Fun with monuments

Simple explanation to this: they were doubling as azimuth marks 😛

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Starnet

I've used STAR*NET less than a year now and I've found it to be one of those very few tools that I wondered how I ever got along without it in the pas...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trackball vs mouse

Thank you for the info. Definitely worth looking into.

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Trackball vs mouse

It's frustrating to me, that these all seem to be made for northpaws... GRRRR...FWIW- although I used to use my mouse right-handed, I developed a seri...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: What books do you consider essential, for a Surveyor's Libra

In addition:Brown's books- "Evidence and Procedures for Boundary Location" and "Boundary Control and Legal Principles";"Black's Law Dictionary";A good...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - What sidearm do you carry?

Not permitted to carry where I work even though I am licensed to do so, but if I could it would be one of the following, depending on conditions: 1) R...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Station numbering schemes

I try to keep my control point numbers under 1000 and incremented by either 5 or 10; I tend to work on rather large projects. For what it's worth, I n...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Rouge shot

Rogue shotYes, that data definitely needs some polishing in one spot- but rouge ain't gonna help here 😉

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Conventional/Robotic Setup

I'll look into this. Thanks for the info. I don't know why I didn't think of that before...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Conventional/Robotic Setup

You have asked a very good question, one that I'm curious about as well.We've used Leica robotics for at least ten years here and although switching f...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Angular accuracy importance (2" vs 3" vs 5") ?

I purchased a 3" TS after considering two items-First, I can recall an exercise where determining the TS standard deviation and applying it to real-wo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: PET PEEVE

This issue reminds me of a court case back in 1976 or so (I think it was IMEC v. Stevenson) where the surveyors were being cavalier about their "brush...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Remove kinematic (stop & go) marker from RINEX file

I would also like to know if there's something available as manual editing can be rather time-consuming. It doesn't happen too often for us but someti...

12 years ago
Page 25 / 28