AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: good morning, gents

I'm usually out of bed at 0400 or thereabouts, alarm is set for 0425 and it wakes me up an average of twice per year. I'm also one of those with an in...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying APP for Android?

It's not really a COGO app, but there is a data collector app for Android devices that 'works'. There may be some COGO utilities in it, but I've never...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: "Thence to an iron pin found set"

Some of these are as bad as "Found calculated position in field"...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: The Uniform Right-of-Way that Wasn't

I've never seen this in a ROW acquisition but to some degree it makes sense to me. It's quite possible they wanted the portion between the centerline ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Recomend me a Router/Modem

My Cisco router is still doing quite well, although they got out of the consumer market a few years ago. They might still make commercial-grade hardwa...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: TS Direction Accuracy - Chapter 4

" What does it mean if the Chi-Square Lower Bound is exceeded?"It means your survey was too good, i.e., the tolerance parameters may be set too high o...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Should we rewrite Legal Descriptions for ALTA's?

I've seen too many instances where re-written deeds actually introduced ambiguities which did not exist in the original description. I suspect it resu...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: how long were you an I man before a party cheife

I ran the instrument for about three years before becoming a PC. However, I bore a lot of responsibility before and during that time, especially when ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica - I've come full circle

In the office I work at, we've been a Leica shop since I started there over ten years ago. Once in a blue moon there will be a hiccup of some sort, bu...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Tribrachs from China

Definitely a hit-or-miss purchase with goods from China. I have one tribrach that's halfway decent and another that is not. Prisms might be OK for gen...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Anchor Bolts to .01'

We just staked anchor bolt locations for a 90-foot steel square tube sign bridge a couple of weeks ago; these structures have VERY little tolerance fo...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: carlson vs smartworx

We use both Viva (SmartWorx) and Carlson here. My outstanding(!) instrumentman prefers Carlson while I tend to use Viva for fieldwork, though I can ru...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting a backsight after the fact...

^^THIS.^^Such a process also helps if you inadvertently zero the gun when you should've keyed in an azimuth, et cetera... (though redundant shots may ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GPS receiver no longer collects static data?

We've had issues in the past with inability to export RINEX data because of older firmware/LGO clashes, and our ancient (2006) GPS-only Leica 1200 uni...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Degree of curvature arc definition

In the days of slide rules and trig/log tables, 477.5' was most likely the value used for the radius; in this day and age with super-whiz-bang calcula...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: You know you're a surveyor when . . .

...you research current and superseded highway R/W plans- on the route you traveled or are traveling- while on vacation (done it).

12 years ago
Page 26 / 28