AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Monday "Safety Moment"

For some reason this reminded me of something many years ago when I worked in an old institution with steam heating- there was a resident who liked to...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: How to "rem out" a portion of a line?

Star*Net really could use a partial line comment-out character; I've also used the (') in a pinch, but I do not like the fact that it essentially turn...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Cursive writing & Land Surveyors

Interesting timing for this post- I've been practicing my cursive writing skills the past couple of days since I got a decent fountain pen. It definit...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: First and only company loan is

Congratulations. I'm sure the feeling is much like the one I had when I paid off my mortgage almost eight years ago- it felt like someone came along a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Why not DC software on IOS or Android?

It is/was published by Systranova Software, IIRC it cost around $18 or so. It interfaced with an old SOKKIA SET TS quite well. The TS setup is a bit q...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Are we any better off today?

I find this thread most interesting. I can only see it from a civil servant point of view since I've worked in the public sector longer than some folk...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Private Survey Markers on Ebay

Hmmm... the plot thickens...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Private Survey Markers on Ebay

I agree 100%. If deceased, the surveyor no longer has control over his/her caps and the potential for someone misusing them is significant. If they're...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Newest Addition to my Library

It would be great if someone could re-publish it, along with some other out-of-print surveying texts, e.g., Skelton (managed to get a second edition o...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Newest Addition to my Library

I just landed an almost-pristine copy of this book for $40; I have wanted one for a very long time now. On another note, one of our local surveyors ac...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bobs are not common anymore

I wonder if the term "P-gun" is more colloquial in nature... that's what we call hand levels out here in the Pacific Northwest. I suppose it's akin to...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bobs are not common anymore

I still carry one, though I now haul a 16-ounce one versus my old 24-ouncer which I semi-retired recently. I find I don't use it nearly as much as I u...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Triangulation, and other forgotten skills

Can't say I've ever done triangulation, though I have certainly studied it. A number of years ago we came across some GLO notes where they stated that...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Maladies afflicting Surveyors

Driving through an interchange 20-plus years later and remembering most of the numerous gyrations one went through to redesign the off-ramps and on-ra...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What kind of rod cap do you use?

I sure wish I could get some magnesium rod and caps for notification when an ambitious lawn mower strikes them...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: LSAW 2016

eapls2708, post: 361004, member: 589 wrote: I don't know if it's so much that there are no younger people entering the profession as it is that organi...

11 years ago
Page 21 / 28