AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Responsible charge

At the state DOT I work for, we will supply our CADD files upon request after the bidding process has closed, and we do NOT guarantee their accuracy/c...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse w/ multiple "loops"

Peter Ehlert, post: 373654, member: 60 wrote: Side point, but a seldom known feature of Star*Net...Not to sure about modern versions, my version dates...

10 years ago
Reply
10 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvCE and Spectra Focus 10

[SNIP] SurvCE does appear to change PC's for Leica instruments. [/SNIP] Yep. Very strange that other mfr's PC's cannot be done- I always assumed it ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Traverse w/ multiple "loops"

Star*Net is your friend for multiple loops/cross-ties in a control network whether small or large. Very robust program.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Shortest course ever

Wow, I sure hope there's a yielding-type call to another object on that one or perhaps, e.g., "...thence X-XX-XX NESW'ly 0.01 feet to the other side o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Books

I often think we don't realize how good we really have it up here in the Pacific Northwest, and having J. L. Darling & Co. (the "Rite In The Rain"...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Damn erasers

I hope no one's erasing in their fieldbooks... at least not with observations 🙂 I have modified drawings in my FB with an eraser in the past- On anot...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK SURVEYING

My friend asked, "Can I lay out a bridge with it." The response? "Brother, I don't think I'd do that." I saw a contractor try it several years ago.....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Leica GEB 371 Battery- Charger

I don't know why they keep changing batteries, maybe the new equipment needs more power. In some cases this is probably true, but I think it is more...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Tract in the wrong lot

If it were me, I would insist on a chain of title going back to statehood and thoroughly examining each transaction, and possibly contacting prior own...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Questions

When we first got robotic TS's in the form of Leica 1103s, there was no way I would have the gun turn sets for me unless it was a last resort, such as...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Killed By I-95 Driver Who Tried Passing Slower Traffic

Serious bummer, and unfortunately all too common. Condolences to his family. I often tell my non-surveyor friends that we're three feet from death at ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Book Preservation

The biggest problem in the agency I work in, is NOT preserving ALL of the field books. It is really a hit-or-miss situation; sometimes there may be no...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: New Elevation Certificate -- NonFillable

The Pseudo Ranger, post: 370547, member: 18 wrote: It's pretty unbelievable that Steve Ward can modify the form to work perfectly in one day, but FEMA...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: 3D vs. 2D analysis

If one is less confident of elevation data than the horizontal data (angles and distances), is there any advantage to just doing a 2D adjustment (eith...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: How to "rem out" a portion of a line?

Yep. I believe that term for the hashtag was coined by someone at Bell Labs back in the 1960's.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Snakes

I live in the same general area as Mr. Schrock does, very rare to see any snake except for the occasional garter snake and once every tenth blue moon,...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star*net: How to "rem out" a portion of a line?

I just found in Star*Net's help file that the octothorpe (#) can be used mid-line to comment out the remainder... D'OH!!! Sometimes the best available...

10 years ago
Page 20 / 28