AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Sunglasses

Regardless of which route you go it is always important to have a GOOD QUALITY set of eyewear in the sun that is polarized. Do not go with cheaper pr...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't set a PK Nail in Grimes County, Texas

When it comes to setting a PK, Mag nail or painted target, I question how that could be viewed as damaging. If anything, it could be beneficial to th...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't set a PK Nail in Grimes County, Texas

John Hamilton, post: 427788, member: 640 wrote: I do more photo control than most people, probably a few thousand points a year. I do not set anything...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Learning AutoCAD Civil3D

I started using AutoCAD in the late 80's or early 90's when it was still DOS based. Back then the firm I worked for was pretty big and they were luck...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Another silly question on station establishment as free or known station

rfc, post: 427285, member: 8882 wrote: I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort. You don't need to be a surveyor to search public records at the town ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK for $800?

I would be extremely suspect at this pricing, both for accuracy and the ruggedness of the unit.It would be great if this unit performs well but the do...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflicting Surveys

CastorTroy, post: 425965, member: 12693 wrote: I am building a new 1 family house with a detached garage. The driveway to the garage is basically on t...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflicting Surveys

Rich., post: 426008, member: 10450 wrote: Around here we see this all too often. Mostly bc there are no corner monuments so surveys sometimes just d...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical ALTA

G. Gurney, post: 424444, member: 6700 wrote: Does anyone here have experience issuing a "vertical ALTA"? I have a request to provide one, but am uncer...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Family Land

cordgrass, post: 424767, member: 11027 wrote: I was always suspicious of the property lines on some of my family land. The land was originally my gra...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Why don't we have a gps type satellite on the moon?

How about orbit, rotation and the revolving Earth? Not to mention that the moon is not on an equidistant orbit.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Monument symbol without monument

roger_LS, post: 424953, member: 11550 wrote: I recently picked up a map, it had all these different symbols types for different types of monuments, a ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying in States where NOT Licensed

I've worked for two companies that had multi state offices with PLS' on staff that were also multi state licensed.I never had the desire to venture ou...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Is this a JOKE?

When I see things like this it makes me laugh. Back in the early 80's I worked under a PLS that would call a 1' diameter field stone 0.01' off. If I...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What software do you use to create invoices?

geopro_consultants, post: 423681, member: 9959 wrote: If you have a minute and don't mind sharing some information I would really like feedback from m...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it too much?

John Giles, post: 423712, member: 57 wrote: I've recently started overlaying contour lines on my larger survey plats. I wonder though if it's too much...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pool structure within utility easement.

arctan(x), post: 423551, member: 6795 wrote: I was contacted to survey the forms for a pool before an inspection by the city. The city has a requireme...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance tail policy

Tommy Young, post: 423110, member: 703 wrote: Jeff Lucas said in a recent seminar that every single state in the code has a time limit on bringing an ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Insurance tail policy

Tommy Young, post: 422907, member: 703 wrote: I'd think the statute of limitations has run out on that.The Statute of Limitations generally runs from ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Dowsing Poll

Andy J, post: 422884, member: 44 wrote: Let me clarify. I find it fascinating that people believe this is a real thing. I'd love to try it in scient...

10 years ago
Page 74 / 75