AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Would you stop surveying if you won the lottery?

@gary_g LOL!?ÿ Why sell it back to let it evolve into what it used to be before you cleaned it up??ÿ How about making them work for you?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: FS Exam Tips

Awesome!?ÿ Congrats!?ÿ It's always great to have somebody with a fresh eye and experience to pass on to the others coming up behind you!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Beer 30 has been monumented

Find the companion corner marked "It's 5 O' Clock Somewhere".?ÿ LOL! ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Beer 30 has been monumented

@bill93 here in the North East, that baby won't last for mor than a couple freeze and thaw cycles.?ÿ Heaving will pop that sucker right out.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you stop surveying if you won the lottery?

If I won enough money, post tax, to carry me for another 30 to 35 years, leaving myself $1 million a year in cash to live on, I don't know that I woul...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Farm Pile Layout

I just complated a smaller solar field layout project with about 400 piles.?ÿ No elevations were needed. Initial control was brought in via VRS RTK a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Whew!!

Gotta love successfully side stepping land mines.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Small unmanned watercraft needed

@thebionicman like I said, bathometric is something I have no experience in, just wanted to share some considerations I have read from other comments....

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Feedback from other Surveyors

In the words of Kenney Rogers, "You gotta know when to hold up, know when to fold, know when to walk away and know when to run".?ÿ If you are stressed...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Feedback from other Surveyors

@williwaw back in the day, when I was still sort of a green horn, my father in law had a chat when I was in a rough spot with my career.?ÿ He ran a pr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Rounding Error

If somebody is going to call you on 0.02' over that distance, let them, then, to fire back at them, revise your plan to show distances in six or eight...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Estimating Time

I've priced a number of jobs in a number of different ways, you can estimate your hours at your billing rates (that include the overhead multiplier) a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Estimating Time

@murphy for small surveys I's getting $650 up to a half acre and $1,250 with topo.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: That's where we keep our helicopter

Like the old saying goes, "he who dies with the most toys wins".?ÿ?ÿ I live near several small airports, one is large enough to handle private jets a...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Small unmanned watercraft needed

I don't know much about that line of surveying but I've followed several conversations on the topic and based on what I have read in the past, if your...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The Myth of Mobility for Professional Land Surveyors

@james-fleming I am licensed in NJ and have been since 1993.?ÿ I'm thinking about taking my exam in PA but am not really interested in studying the dr...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Clark 8th, Chapter 4, Land Surveying

@thebionicman the problem I see quite often in holding the good while letting the garbage slip through your fingers is that some of the newer generati...

5 years ago
Page 59 / 75