AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@norman-oklahoma the bottom line is that if it's not safe, I have no problem walking away.?ÿ I am in the office managing the department and office sta...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@lukenz the 10K that I referenced was a fine for a PC that I worked with walking a wall and falling into the basement, getting hurt, not dieing.?ÿ I w...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@andy-bruner I've had the displeasure of seeing two people killed on job sites within feet from me, neither of them being fellow employees.?ÿ One I co...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@mvanhank222 there really aren't any exceptions in commercial vs residential work.?ÿ The standaeds might be different based on the type of excavation ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@mvanhank222 trench safety and open excavation safety fall under two different OSHA classifications.?ÿ Pinning the footing in an open foundation hole ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@fairbanksls if they dig that hole properly, I'm in and out in 40 minutes or less and everybody is happy.?ÿ It would only take them an hour to properl...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@tim-libs that's the problem, they want to do things quick & dirty, get paid and move to the next one.?ÿ They really don't care about safety or ev...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@holy-cow death happens in a variety of ways but some deaths are avoidable.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@brad-ott The OSHA regs on this are as clear as they can be for everybody involved.?ÿ I will not budge on it.?ÿ There is no need to look at my busines...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@norman-oklahoma there is no reason for anybody other than the form setters and masons climbing forms or measuring them.?ÿ The issue lies in fast pace...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@mightymoe they want us to show them where the waterproofing tar/paint stops.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@leegreen this is residential work, on the commercial jobs the over dig is usually so big that it's not an issue.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@williwaw they either don't understand the danger or don't care.?ÿ I give them the elevation with fills to the first floor and they do the math to set...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@dougie If they make it safe, I have no problem with it but they don't want to spend the money to do it properly.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Excavation entry

@larry-best why should I spent the extra time??ÿ Their form setters have no problem working in these holes and they have the attitude that if everybod...

5 years ago
Topic
5 years ago
Replies: 57
Views: 2467
Reply
RE: Staking a Concrete Pad for Residential

@bushaxe I work primarily in setting up all the construction layout my firm does and we do allot of it.?ÿ To stake what you mention, I would set 10' p...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Transition to Civil 3D 2022

I never learned to run cogo inside of pure CAD, except for MicroStation, which I hated with a passion.?ÿ Civil 3D is now pretty much the industry stan...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Considering becoming a surveyor. AI, engineering degree, snakes, and demand.

Gealing with sankes is easy, avoid them, they are just as afraid of you as you are of them.?ÿ Walk a wide circle around them and keep doing what you a...

5 years ago
Page 58 / 75