AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Surveying Tattoos

I have two tatts, (one on each arm and both above my short sleeve line) both have a meaning to me, especially the one in honor of my late wife. They ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Ink Jet Plats, and making your own office papers

When I started my own shop in the great depression of 2008 I found a large format plotter that would print up to 36 x 42 dwgs. I found it on craiglis...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane survey setting up over known point: Any point in setting instrument height?

@bill93 employing the formula that you mention assumes that the height of the instrument and target are the same when not entering both the target hei...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: You Had One Job

When the bottom fell out in 2008 I started my own shop after being laid off. My biggest client was a multi millionaire land speculator who bought som...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Plane survey setting up over known point: Any point in setting instrument height?

@bill93 it the HI & HT are not at the same height you are introducing error into the reduction equation.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble Access Resection Routine

I'll probably get blowback from this but it's my opinion that resections are a risky thing and in cases where the DC software isn't cooperating, you a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Removing Geoid for Machine control. (TRIMBLE)

Two things strike me as curious, if you are working on projects miles long in grading operations, why would the data not be scaled to ground as workin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: OnXhunt

I phones have an app that will track your phone and others as long as you allow people to know where you are. You can track hers as well, and friends...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: North Carolina bill would create a 'Limited' Professional Land Surveyor

This makes zero sense, an Associates and a year and a half progressive experience? How much "progressive experience" can a person have in that small ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Removing Opposing Survey Pin after Court Judgement

@cflips if your surveyor located the invalidated pin it might be in your best interest to leave it alone as the court supported pin/location could be ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflict within a deed

If the map is a filed document and the deed references it, the map will control but that would depend on the wording on the deed.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Restrictive Covenant

@kevin-hines I agree with noting in both places but question the enforceability upon future owners, especially if the current owner were to pass and t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Restrictive Covenant

I would be interested to see the wording on this and and am wondering how enforceable it would be down the line.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA showing proposed billboard

@lurker it is a survey, it's not a site plan.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA showing proposed billboard

@lurker it is not our function as Surveyors to propose construction.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA showing proposed billboard

Despite things said in prior comments, I would not show proposed construction, an ALTA and any other property survey are meant to show existing condit...

4 years ago
Page 37 / 75