Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
I'm confused as to why one would assume that you could sit for the State portion of the exam without filing an application with all pertinent supporti...
Yes, used the State's photos often on large boundary surveys with the deed overlaid to create rough search points.
@cv in the modern world a Total Station can do what you talk about as quickly and easily as setting up a level with reduced elevations provided in rea...
@mark-mayer Amen!
Cartography 101, North is always up!
It is a Lenker rod, not linker. I didn't even know that they are still in use but they were most commonly used on construction staking decades ago wh...
I don't use GIS in land surveying at all because of the way that most are set up with rubber sheeting and the like. I think of them as a pretty pictu...
There are online tutorials on Leica's website.
That would depend on what your dealer tacks on to the actual cost.
Not knowing the full business relationship between the poster and his client, I will say without any hesitation that the offer to go back out and flag...
Title reports have been degrading in quality and completeness for years. It is not uncommon for me to receive missing documents and only get a list o...
@dougie Ring Ring from my COO, "We need to meet tomorrow morning to discuss putting together a proposal for a large bridge layout proposal. It includ...
Things like this kill me as our fees almost always amount to the smallest, or close to the smallest, percentage of the overall budget. My rates are w...
As the client is paying for your work it is your obligation to advise them of your findings in detail and explain that there may be ramifications if l...
@norman-oklahoma the clock does not start until the date of discovery. The possession may be open and notorious but not hostile. Your advice is not ...
Nothing is going to beat a conversation with a prospective to figure out what the real scope of work is and what their expectations are. Many laymen ...
I hate working with steel. Staking grid and column lines are a walk in the park but when it comes to anchor bolts, it seems they are never set where ...
Check with your community college, they might have night courses and check with your local technical high school if you have one, they may too.
You should only have to take the State Specific portion of the test when getting licensed by reciprocity. I'm licensed in NJ and know a few people wh...