AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Control Monument Costs

I don't really consider the cost of the materials as we buy in bulk and often from a supplier that I have a relationship with the owner that spans ove...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Questions 🙂 Not a Surveyor

"I believe that her surveyor used more convenient corner markers and ignored our stone corner marker next to our shed." What does this mean? These "...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing and Slow Payers

@jon-payne things were much different in the crash of that era.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: That first step might be a doozy

The sky is not falling when the Jewish move in. The problem is that Christians are not aware of their faith and the fact that there are 13 tribes of ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Sort of had it backward

I'm hoping this guy is not licensed!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: That first step might be a doozy

The Rabbi mention drew me in. My office is in a predominately Jewish town/city that is exploding with growth and spreading out into surrounding areas...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Total station calibration accuracy

@norman-oklahoma we use exclusively Leica and check the collimation once a month in addition to having our guns cleaned, calibrated and certified by L...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Billing and Slow Payers

For surveys, we require a contract and full payment up front before the job even gets into our system. Construction layout jobs are net 30, no pay or...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@steven-metelsky I never thought that you were, good discussion though.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@holy-cow what does your comment even mean??????????

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@dave-karoly see my comments addressing yours that were posted minutes ago.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@steven-metelsky that's great text but it, like everything else in NJ, has not evolved. I and many others like me in this state, am/are not absent fr...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hauling ATV

I would be very leery about using that set up. I used to own a recreational snow mobile with a tilt trailer and out of everything I tried, the traile...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@steven-metelsky I would like to see the statute that says that you must be accessible at the office in NJ. I've been licensed in NJ for 30 years and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@steven-metelsky I am a fellow NJPLS and work entirely remotely. I am accessible to the office for anybody at any time through telephone or video con...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Hurry Up, Oh Never Mind

I had exactly the same thing happen with me, only the attorney on my end is a friend and we have a long standing relationship so it was no big deal on...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

I've been working almost exclusively remote since before all the COVID lock downs started because it almost killed me shortly before it had a name. W...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@bstrand that's an archaic thought process. Things are much different now than they were in the 80's and 90's. There is video conferencing, instant ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Working Remotely as a Professional Surveyor

@spmpls same here but my round trip is 130 miles.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you guys deal with engineers challenging settlement monitoring data (simply because the they don't like the results)

There is a clear cut line in the divisions of responsibilities between the two disciplines. If the Engineer is not also an LS, tell him/her to stay i...

3 years ago
Page 31 / 75