AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

It is impossible to do construction surveying for $25/hour when you consider the costs of equipment, insurances, supplies and payroll, even if it is a...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

In NJ, for a residential resale or new construction, the buyer pays. 99.99% of mortgage companies require a complete survey. The cost of the survey ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

When the housing market crashed in 2008, I was one of the victims of the economy that lost their jobs. I was fortunate enough to have a long list of ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

There is no such thing as a Mortgage inspection here in NJ.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: How much does it cost...

In my 30 years of being licensed in NJ, I have never been asked to prepare a survey certificate and don't think that they exist in NJ, with the except...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Jobs

Hawaii, over the course of the coming years, is going to be facing a difficult challenge as it related to surveying. In the areas that were devastate...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landowner Relations

I don't see how pre-prepping your client adds any value and few will want to entertain stories. They are only concerned about what is going on as it ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: At the bank

The last time that I was physically at a bank was over two years ago. I have had direct deposit paychecks for years so there is no need for me to vis...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What a Friday. Another first with Trimble Access

I have been screaming it from the mountain tops and nobody seems to listen. A one man crew may be more profitable but it's never safe. I don't care ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Landowner Relations

It's simple, if the line falls where they did not think it should have and they are all ok with their common understanding of where they thought it wa...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Appeasing a whackadoo

The problem with what you are saying is that the designer needed the boundary survey to layout the subdivision that clearly ties down where the pins s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama License Requirements

So what you are saying that mentors, with years of experience, knowledge in mathematics, survey history, boundary law and how to apply it are inferior...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama License Requirements

Let's get serious, you seem to be a strong proponent for a college education. I'm not, as I made clear. Being an effective communicator, both verbal...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama License Requirements

I could not agree with you less. It is insane to think that guessing the answers is going to be enough to pass all of the exam parts. With 10 years ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Appeasing a whackadoo

Don't walk away, run! This is the type of client that will be a thorn in your side until the end of time. Simply let him know that you are not repla...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alabama License Requirements

I doubt that you will see that change. When all of this nonsense talk of degree requirements started getting kicked around, back around 1990, I had t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Water law & Title lines

That's what I'm thinking too.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Water law & Title lines

Me too, but I'm not going to invest my time in the deep dive because I have no skin in the game, I'll just sit back and follow what happens and see wh...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Water law & Title lines

That apparently was never an option buy offering membership for a reasonable fee would make most of the issues go away. Very interesting solution tha...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey in Question - Need some direction

Caveat emptor! Buyer be aware in Latin. The first problem you have is buying that tract without having it surveyed. Never a good idea when it comes...

3 years ago
Page 24 / 75