AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 12:57 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1433
Reply
RE: Carlson civil survey

No need to manually comp cut sheet grades, when you are working in Carlson, set up the cut sheet template that is Excel driven, in your layout calcs y...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Another Survey BUST by our PLS company

I have several questions. 100,000 yards removed? At whose expense? When you presented your findings, what was the result? It seems to me that the s...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson civil survey

Carlson has online tutorials, that may be your best source of information. As far as stationing, check under the centerline tab. I have not used Carl...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Firmware and chocolate

If your CCP is expired, that is likely the reason. Leica wants their money before they give you anything.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

In New Jersey the filing of a map is enough to consider that the intent was to dedicate the roads. (see my other posts for the case law.Intent does no...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

No offense intended, but there was absolutely no reason to repel in or out. The risks are too high on a safety level for untrained and certified peop...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

I currently run six crews, some two man and some three man, the safety risk in my area of practice dictates a two man crew. Most of my work is in urb...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

How do you render assistance to yourself if something incapacitates you?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

In NJ, there has to be both an offer and an acceptance. The offer exists for the mere fact that the ROW exists on a plan that is part of an Applicati...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: One Man Crews

Just playing the devil's advocate here but I'll relate a story that I personally experienced running a two man crew. My IM and I were working in a pow...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

I am in NJ and worked in Municipal Engineering for 16 years. “Notwithstanding nonacceptance, the power of acceptance remains with the public author...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FSMS LEGISLATIVE ALERT!

What was the proposed legislation, as opposed to the current requirements? I am assuming that this is Florida, correct?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Plat or deed govern?

The deeds say what they say but you don't mention anything about monumentation. If the developer owns the land to the rear and the deeds fall short o...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: FL/FR Observations & Error

I preach that to my crews regularly.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

If the two meets and bounds lots run to the ROW, it all comes down to whether the ROW was formally accepted or not. If it was never accepted, it doesn...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

In that scenario, if the two sold lots do front on the ROW, I'd have to agree that you are correct, however, the other lots in the subdivision no long...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

Maybe I'm not understanding you clearly, but, as I understand what you envision, there is a ROW running from existing road to existing road. The ROW ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

That is true in existing subdivisions, however, it was stated that the subdivision was extinguished with all of the platted 12 lots being combined bac...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

If what you envision is true, again, it would not matter as all of the interior platted lots have been consolidated back into one. Any out parcels so...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Recorded Subdivision - Never Conveyed

From my understanding of the original post, the ROW existed solely within the platted subdivision. If that is, in fact, the case, the reversion right...

3 years ago
Page 18 / 75