AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 12:57 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1433
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

Thanks, that satisfies my curiosity, in the end, one or two hundredths are not going to be earth shattering.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

This only goes to show what I am saying about the convoluted grants going back to the early 1600's.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

No particular state was granted by grant. It took, probably, 100 years or more to figure out. The Spaniards occupied what in now known as Florida an...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

Looking at your question again, yes, over time, by either purchase, agreement or claim.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

I'm not sure that I understand your question. The original 13 (Colonial) were derived from land grants from King George, and that created a mess with...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Reminding myself how much I like fieldwork...

There's not enough money in the world for me to climb down into a live sanitary manhole, even without roaches. The company that I started working wit...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Reminding myself how much I like fieldwork...

I did my fair share of time in the field and am paying the price for it with a bad back and a stress fracture in my foot that never healed correctly. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: New rig

Looks like it's in great shape. Good luck with it.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

I grew up in a world without electronics and you are seriously missing my points. The only electronics that I had was a scientific calculator that di...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Might Need a little help fun exercise maybe

I know nothing about any Trimble product but as somebody who has the knowledge posted, yes, it can work, the question is, should it work? You already ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

What kind of differences are you seeing between published and observed values? A few hundredths, or tenths?

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

The forges are long gone, all that is left of most are the sand stone foundations and some of their chimneys. Many are designated as historic sites. ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Marketing strategies for Surveyors of smaller businesses

No need to give away trinkets and no need to attend trade shows where people of the same profession are handing them out at when all, essentially, off...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

Sounds familiar to the tree frogs that are quite common in the area of the pinelands. I've got a project that has been in the approval process for at...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Marketing strategies for Surveyors of smaller businesses

"I have 5 surveyor licenses in 4 States" Are you offering your services in four different states? If you are, how cost effective is that? Can you ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

You're missing my question.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Wetland Survey Insanity

New Jersey has some interesting history. The southern part of the state of the state was unique in that it consisted of largely pine forest. The soi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Running Levels with a Bit of GNSS

"Those three BMs now have multiple elevations on them."What purpose does adding yet another elevation serve?

2 years ago
Page 15 / 75