AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 12:57 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1433
Reply
RE: question

A little rough but very good point. I studied and then restudied every book I could get my hand on for hours a day for four years and used a highligh...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

I see where you are coming from and call me old school if you will, but it is my belief that nobody should be running any software routine if they don...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

Making money is a relative term, you can "make money" on one job and lose money on another, sometimes intentionally. There are times when I will basi...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: question

I am a non degreed PLS, you'll never see my saying that I agree with the degree requirement but I will agree with you that if you have been surveying ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

In just one example, in the market crash of 2008, I was running survey in a satellite office for a large firm. When the market crashed, they closed t...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

If you are asking me, I don't care about a "big firm" from thousands of miles away reaching out to several others as well through google searches. If...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

That depends on how you look at things, meaning from a business or human perspective. Surveyors tend to look at the human side and resist cutting bac...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

You'd be lucky to be paid in less than two months after closing.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Broker

I've done a few when I worked in a different place now refuse to even entertain submitting a proposal on one. These clearinghouses are not interested...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Storm

It irks me in other social survey groups how nobody who thinks that using RTK or base/rover set ups are going to be exempt from the magnitude of the s...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

there is absolutely no need to do that in today's world. Most survey related modern platforms allow you to set up a template that you chose the forma...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Artificial Intelligence - I have troubles spelling it!

I see absolutely no advantage in introducing AI into our career field unless it involves some mundane task that does not need to be checked by a human...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

I have a friend that inherited a 2 acre property from his parents who built their family home on it. In the back of the property is a fenced in rough...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: "I see dead people ... or do I?" Cemeteries in Subdivisions.

There are several questions, the first being, at what point in time was the cemetery designation applied and by who? If it was shown on a plan prior ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

You are correct, it was established by an act of state legislature, not congress and it sounds like I was wrong on the war too. The Leni Lenape resis...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

That very well could be because the further you move from the northern GA line and going into Florida, Spanish methods and measurements prevailed and ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

TN was never a part of the established 13 colonies, it may have been a part of one of the original grants going back to the early 1600's, and, if it w...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Looks like some changes happened--Colonial vs. PLSSia

Keeping in line with what you are saying, you speak of reservations made in the mid to late 1700's when the grants going to loyalists and eventually f...

2 years ago
Page 14 / 75