AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
CHarmon
CHarmon
@charmon
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 3:24 pm
Topics: 8 / Replies: 139
Reply
RE: leaning pipe

That's what we used to do and then one day my old boss says "why don't you just take two shots, one on the top and one on the hole. I'll figure out wh...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Calling all FS takers

I was working as a construction inspector on a sewer system when my first test was scheduled. Had to work late Friday so I stayed home and slept then ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Plotter recommendations

I would think the replacement of the HP T120 would be the way to go. I don't know what that is, haven't been looking (yet) but ours has been worth the...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Realtors asking for copies of surveys...

New property creations have to be filed in Ohio but not re-tracement surveys. I still get calls from new agents all the time requesting surveys that w...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Equipment cost for Solo Startup

Back in 2004 after 11 years in the field and 5 in the office I'd thought I'd seen enough and for $15,000 bought 2 computers, 1 seat of Carlson, 1 Quic...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Property Owner Category: Jerk

I was warned about the neighbor lady and boy were they right. We were half a mile from the project when she stopped to ask what we were doing. I just ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Carrying the Instrument

Carry it as the situation calls for. Have boxed it, carried it on the tri-pod, by the top handle and put them in the back pack for over 25 yrs and the...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you put out a crew for less than $200?

I think Jim is right. The question shouldn't be in $$$ the question should be how many hours do you charge to the client. I typically won't leave the ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Need and Opinion

imaudigger, post: 335004, member: 7286 wrote: If you can pace it for stake out, you can pace it for recon.Having the ability to find enough monuments ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon FC 500

leegreen, post: 332463, member: 2332 wrote: C Harmon, What software were you running on the FC500? From the sounds of your post, it may have been Poc...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon FC 500

Adam, post: 332294, member: 8900 wrote: Thought's on these collectors? Like the data collector, hate the programing. First time I ever got a new dat...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: I Need a Little Non-Survey Advice

Tell them you'll get back to them after talking to your doctor. Your neck/back has been acting up. They'll sweeten the deal on the truck to get you to...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Refunding the cost of a survey

Yes, it has happened to me. But as I always explain when starting a boundary re-tracement, half the people think I'm a genius and the other half think...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I charge a client an 'Irritation Fee'?

I bill it under QA/QC. I've got a couple clients that get a healthy QA/QC charge right from the get go because past history does foretell future perfo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK on Sokkia GSR 2700 GPS only

The only way I ever knew if my base went down/stopped transmitting was my data collector would show "Autonomous" instead of float or fixed. No voice w...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Stolen Equipment: Upper Sandusky, OH

No matter where we'd go the equipment came into the room at night. It never spent the night in the truck when we were in town and it sure wouldn't spe...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ATV or UTV ?

By the way, the only time it has been stuck is when it got belly hung in the snow. Other than that keep it moving if it starts to bog until you get to...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ATV or UTV ?

UTV, if for some reason we're blocked (heavy brush, low hanging thicker branches, steep creek banks, etc...) it's usually not to far from the point. W...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Getting a 4WD pickup stuck

We had a crew chief freshly moved to Ohio from the southwest get a Suburban buried but good. We had to finish laying out some storm sewer on a site th...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 8