AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
Chan GePlease
Chan GePlease
@chan-geplease
Free
Joined: April 15, 2011 12:21 pm
Topics: 62 / Replies: 1097
Reply
RE: Co-worker killed this AM

WOW is all I can say. And at 5:45am, when he was doing the right thing - facing traffic whilst afoot.No doubt they'll find the driver, but 10 to 1 wh...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Are y'all taking pictures???

I once was doing some topo inside the grounds of a newly built minimum security prison. There was a pretty good bird bath in one area that didn't get...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do? Put in an angle point?

It would seem some jr/sr issues should be checked into. It also seems you found the angle iron for the adjoiner. Your line measuring long is no big ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC Narrowbanding Question

I recently received a what I considered junk mail regarding the issue from a company called "Federal Licensing, Inc" located in Gettysburg, PA. They ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Linetype for Bad Line

The bigger the scope the bigger things get. You're dealing with a 1"=30' or so scale, multi-sheet deliverable. Do it right and make it look good IMV...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Linetype for Bad Line

>... perhaps i will create a linetype with dots and dashes based on morse code.Now that is one of the best ideas I've ever heard. I wonder what a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Linetype for Bad Line

I'd recommend a bold line dollar symbol for "property corner set", AFTER you re-plat the area. Assuming they sign that ever present dotted line that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Right of way. Mention it or not?

I also agree that it still exists, based on the additional information. When the original owner split the lot and sold the house on the lake, he reta...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Right of way. Mention it or not?

That's one of the hazards of quit claim deeds. He may have an access easement that was granted by somebody who never had that right.I've got a bridge...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Vs. Instrument

I'm going to attempt to be nice, but these kinds of threads drive me nuts. I'm envisioning your basic rectangle where the 4 corners were GPS'd in and...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Owners - How many?

18 of the last 21 yrs a business owner. 15 of which were/still solo. I had 6 employees in early 90's. Circa '96 came along my Geodimeter and my 109...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: No more Leica for me.

Bruce, I never figured you would have such issues. You are a guru IMHO.However, the calibration and subsequent re-calibration is something I often do...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 5603 -TDS ?

I run a 5603 robot, but use Trimble Controller software in my TSC2. Never had your issue, but my guess is a setting somewhere. Likely in your DC.I k...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do?

I always find it interesting to explain that I am not only surveying their property, but also all the adjoiners. Their respective parcel is just part...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

> A foot away is entirely too close for a witness corner. As others have said, there is too much chance of confusion. The next guy may find one a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

We've all run into this many dozens of times. Either set the WC on each prop line a foot away, or a metal post I've wired a brass tag on it, or on a ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Top 10 reasons why my buyer doesn't need a new survey

Top 1 reason why a surveyor doesn't need those buyersJust ask them "Do you know what you are really buying, and where it is?" See above for all the r...

14 years ago
Page 1 / 58