AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Bushwhacker
Bushwhacker
@bushwhacker
Free
Joined: October 30, 2015 7:20 am
Topics: 7 / Replies: 162
Reply
RE: Longest Distance with S7??

Some of us old guys have probably worked off shore and taken lots of long shots both on shore and off. We always did it at dusk, dawn or at night. You...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Sales Tax on Boundary Surveys

Darryl Beard, post: 447866, member: 11556 wrote: I will gladly charge sales tax if having state income tax is the alternative...I only charge it on bo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Hostage situation

I once found an Axle that was marking a Section Corner in Lee County, Arkansas, (swamp), I was bent over looking at it to see what I was going to need...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Arkansas Fall Conference

Does anyone know anything about the programs and speakers?

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 1128
Reply
RE: Newbie Introduction

As the old saying goes if you find the right occupation you will never work a day in your life. Hope this proves true for you.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Montana Family Transfer

If he is trying to let her keep the house and 13 Acres this might be a solution, sell the entire tract but retain a life time estate in the house and ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What are differences between PLSS and non-PLSS systems?

One of my old mentors had a saying that in the Colonial System you surveyed the land where it was located and in the PLSS System you surveyed it where...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Need database advice

A unsophisticated cheap way that I use is to set it up in Quikbooks in the client data base, It works well for me a one man show since we use Quikbook...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Close Encounters of the K9 Variety

paden cash, post: 437628, member: 20 wrote: Years ago I found myself in small town called Yazoo City, MS. We were there "strand mapping" for a comp...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Close Encounters of the K9 Variety

paden cash, post: 437941, member: 20 wrote: I've often said the fiercest breed I have ever encountered was the Chihuahua. With no fear of their own d...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Close Encounters of the K9 Variety

We don't have Bears here in Northeast Texas yet but we have dogs and hogs. In 34 years of Surveying I have been bit 3 times none serious. I rarely ste...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Caney Creek - Arkansas

Beautiful Area. I bet the Ticks are awful there.

9 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Excuse me, but you just stepped in...

Just curious did the other distances around the area that the BLM surveyed have as large a discrepancy as the location of the South 1/4 Corner? One of...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Do I have a chance to enter profession? (40+)

I worked at a lot of different jobs before I stumbled into Land Surveying, I knew within a week that Surveying was what I was meant to do. Check aroun...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Section division on existing fences

Bushwhacker, post: 434890, member: 10727 wrote: I seem to have stepped on some toes but I would like to say I never said not to accept a fence corne...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Section division on existing fences

eapls2708, post: 432350, member: 589 wrote: I'd bet that Brian has the same BLM Manual as you, and likely several official versions that you may not h...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Section division on existing fences

David Livingstone, post: 432157, member: 431 wrote: In theory, the center of section is the intersection of the quarter corners. The story is Abe Lin...

9 years ago
Page 2 / 9