AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: ALTA Certificate & Balky Clients

> I've been going round and round with a client who wants a long-form certificate on an ALTA survey. I've pointed out the problems with terms like...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How many acres a day?

> I always figure 4-5 acres a day.> > Trees 8" and up? Good luck. You could be there forever.I've heard that City of Jacksonville has a tre...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone make their own concrete monuments?

> It appears from your original post that the primary reason why you (and others) might consider casting your own monuments would be a perception t...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 20
Views: 4454
Reply
RE: Financial future of surveying

> I was hoping to receive some feedback about the financial future of surveying. In recent years I have noticed that municipalities and title insur...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Title Insurance question

> This is a question about my personal property. I bought land in 2001. I built a house on it in 2008, at which time I paid off the loan I used to ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: modern CAD analysis of old compass and chain surveys

> Kent,> > Thanks for your thoughts. > > The convention around here was for the old guys to start an a line with a variation, let's say...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: modern CAD analysis of old compass and chain surveys

I have used BLMs GMM program with little success. I'm in north central Florida where most of the PLSS surveys were done in the 1840s to 1850s. You hav...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Robots

> How on earth can you call it a robot if it can't even get out of the way?> > I'm waiting until robots . . . are "real", robots.> > I'...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How much do you pay for State Registration Fees?

Ok, here is the summary so far for a annualized renewal. Texas holds to top spot at $379 a year (who would of thought that) and the least expensive is...

14 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: !@#$%^ Land Records Office

> That has happened in California.> > The Recorder sells a CD set with all the filed maps from Day 1. Someone put all of the maps up on a we...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: !@#$%^ Land Records Office

> I can understand paying to print - but paying just to view. It might help too if their indexes told you something too. So do a search, guess an...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: !@#$%^ Land Records Office

> In Florida the laws says that "The clerk shall make available to the public a full size copy of the record plat at a reasonable fee."> > In...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: insurance

For you solo operators out there, do you have workers' compensation insurance? If so, what are benefits to having it? Is it like just having extra hea...

14 years ago
Topic
Replies: 25
Views: 2742
Reply
RE: Job Numbers

> I would like to start using job numbers. In the past I have just worked on a project name basis. How do you guys generate yur job numbers? Tha...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother with Assumed Bearing Basis?

Question about True North Surveys?> Well, as you know, truth is the first casualty of war. And, such is the case here. TRUE is only true at the Lon...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Why bother with Assumed Bearing Basis?

Question about True North Surveys?To those of you that reference your surveys to true (or astronomic) north. Do you adjust all of your bearings in the...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Can't find the bench mark, again

guess where this one is from...Is that a Sea World Benchmark? I once ran a bench run in front of Sea World in Orlando for a Lidar project, but never t...

14 years ago
Page 40 / 42