AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Equipment insurance

Where is the glass?I see the one mini-prism (which one of my old crew members called the most valuable piece of equipment on the truck), but where is ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ring ring!

This group is usually better...> for referrals.> > > Business Network InternationalI looked into BNI, but from what I heard, while you do ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Idiots trying to get by without a surveyor...

I am not asking for help with the desc.Did the county issue a building permit and certificate of occupancy? I know the counties in my neck of the wood...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA

Eleven acres of apartment buildingsI will estimate about 6 days solo field and 3 days solo office. As far as the field goes, I would estimate about a ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Idiots trying to get by without a surveyor...

Deed Closes Perfectly WellIn my county, you can write and transfer deeds all day long. The rub is when you try to get a building permit for something ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Idiots trying to get by without a surveyor...

So there wasn't any "subject to/together with the following described access easement..." language on the description of parcel they sold?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA

Another view ...> A motivated solo guy with a robot, RTK, could survey a 14 acre apartment building in 3-4 days. 1 day for drafting/office. About...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvCE F2F - Drawing Buildings

The problem with JOG is running out of descriptor space> Use the Jog codeI tried using the jog code at first, but if you have more than 2 or 3 jogs...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 16
Views: 1226
Reply
RE: ALTA

I was envisioning a 2 man (or one man with robot) crew working five 10 hour days and the office surveyor working five 10 hour days for simplicity's sa...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA

> Our hourly rate for a two man crew is almost 2.5 times that much.That may be true for you, but I think the issue is that a single surveyor with a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA

> 13 acres> 13 apartment buildings> completion within 10 (TEN!) business days.> > $7800.> > I just don't understand.Well, if they...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Are Prism Constants always negative?

Is 0mm or -30mm a better prism offset?Before, all of my glass was 0mm, but now that I have to mix glass, Is it better to run my backsite prism at 0mm ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Are Prism Constants always negative?

> What field software are you using?SurvCE 3.03

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 26
Views: 2357
Reply
RE: To you Equipment Dealers out there...

Is there any point to shopping around,,,If you are looking to purchase one of the higher end instruments, is there really any point in trying to shop ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Anchor Bolts to .01'

How About ZERO Tolerance?At a 1/16" (0.005'), it might as well be zero. I have only staked bolts for one metal building and I staked them as tight as ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: To you Equipment Dealers out there...

How much choice do you have with dealers?If you are committed to a particular brand (Topcon, Leica, Trimble), how much choice do you have with your de...

12 years ago
Topic
Replies: 12
Views: 801
Reply
RE: Mark Eckl

Mark Eckl as I remember him...I took this picture of Mark in 1997 while on a trip to the ACSM conference in Baltimore. Gone too soon...

12 years ago
Page 22 / 42