AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
bow-tie-surveyor
bow-tie-surveyor
@bow-tie-surveyor
Free
Joined: October 28, 2012 3:05 pm
Topics: 124 / Replies: 697
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

SurvNET and StarNET do not agree?Here is what I get when I do that:Input observations only holding point 101 and the azimuth between 101 and 109:Here ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

Star*Net Input File - Why did I fail?Kent,Can you run it holding only point 101 fixed and the bearing you specified.Thanks,

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

If that is the case, Carlson's SurvNET is not picking up on it. When I observed the closing angle, I also shot the distances and measured the vertical...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

> Maybe bumping up your a-priori error estimates (centering and control coordinates) will give you a more favorable result.Tried that. Didn't help ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

Open traverse results are better???Well, I decided to run the traverse as open (renumbered the closing tie to 102 to be 196) and here are the results....

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

> Good points, Larry. Degrees of freedom = 3 is the lowest you can get on a closed traverse, and means you didn't set up on the closing point and ...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Relative Positional Precision - Why did I fail?

I still miss it, but not by as much. One thing I do notice is that the 68% confidence interval numbers are substantially different than the standard e...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Mistakes RTK newbies make

> I don't follow #1. If they don't set a durable marker on day 1, how can they set up in the same place on multiple days? Just look for a hole in...

12 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Survey Tech.

... speaking of technician benifitsJust out of curiosity, does your company offer your field crew members fully paid medical insurance? At the company...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Tech.

Whatever happened to that "Top Pay" career in Surveying?Gee, whatever happened to that "Top Pay" career in Surveying?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Tech.

> Here in California, I'd probably look to pay in the $12/hour range to begin with, assuming entry level to be someone with some drafting classes a...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Testing ALTA Relative Positional Precision Standards

Example of Carlson SurvNET ALTA Test OutputCarlson's SurvNet has an .ALT file that can be created to test monument pairs for the ALTA specification. O...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Robotic Total Stations

I just got a Topcon PS with RC-5 for 20k. Are sure that wasn't the IS you were demoing?

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Grade GPS for Mapping Grade Results

Why cant you just use RTK? Jack up the acceptable tolerance level and uncheck the "store only fixed solution" checkbox. I did this once with TDS and i...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Wanted: CTS 2B or similar for display parts

I guess you can't just take it into the shop for repair?

12 years ago
Forum
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 790
Reply
RE: how long were you an I man before a party cheife

This is how the progression goes...This is how the progression goes...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Safety Vests - Dailey Wear?

Not quite as nice, but I use the Ben Meadows Mesh Timber Cruiser Vest in Blaze Orange.

12 years ago
Page 21 / 42