AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 9, 2026 7:22 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9717
Reply
RE: radar is missing

Lots of formerly strong contributors missing. I don't recall seeing Uncle Paden Cash for a while. Brad Ott seems to have dropped out. Loyal Olso...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Orphaned Lands

There is also a principle that says it is assumed that a person intended to sell all of a parcel including any small accidental omission that is not a...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Accumulation

I don't think it's a good idea to promote the sale of survey marks on eBay, regardless of where they come from. It encourages bad actors to go out and...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Proposed Data Sheet

That looks pretty good. I could nitpick - the description and to-reach could be separated if you wish. Also, I think the NGS style for to-reach sta...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS data sheets

My greatest bench mark tragedy was the only one I knew was there and GPSable in a county that had no GPSonBM submissions. I drove by and saw it in goo...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Are you experiencing Bad OPUS Solutions lately?

Are the CORS picked reasonable choices? Are the individual CORS results all equally bad? Were the setup locations all apparently good ones?

2 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Rhetorical Question

The discussion should be about acquiescence to monumented boundary, not adverse possession. No parcel is changing ownership; only an uncertainty in th...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Rhetorical Question

Every state is a metes and bounds state. A lot of them also have PLSS descriptions for their larger parcels. Even easier than rejecting a pipe is to...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Basic Math Help

I think 8 mm/sqrt(km) = 0.031 ft/sqrt(miles) 0.008 m /sqrt(km) = (0.008/0.3048) * sqrt(5280 * 0.3048/1000) = 0.31 ft/sqrt(miles) Note that claimin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Basic Math Help

You aren't taking the square root of the factor on loop length but need to.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Mini Prism vs. Standard Prism and Prism Tilt

I studied prism reflector pointing errors and concluded that for a mini-prism the worst distance error with any attempt at pointing was on the order o...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: What is your favorite pie?

Whatever one is on the table in front of me.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS data sheets

The main station is JV3369 Not sure why it wouldn't come up for your search.

2 years ago
Reply
RE: new member with a transit question

This instrument should allow you to run a good straight line. But be careful what you use for a south reference. The compass will not necessarily poin...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Turning Deflection Angles

The angles can be expressed various ways and, if consistent, be understood. What annoys me is that before GNSS, angles were measured but then the par...

2 years ago
Page 9 / 501