AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 3:29 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9716
Reply
RE: What is the real name of a "Hard Head Stone"?

The old name used by some was definitely not politically correct.Since much of Iowa has mixed glacial debris, I would expect some variation in the exa...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Laying out a Roller Derby Flat Track.

I was bothered by the 14.0 dimension, which is inconsistent with the other values if taken as 14.000, but I calculate sqrt(26.5^2-1^2)-12.5 = 13.981 s...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: US Power Squadron

They started out checking for things on the coastal charts that had changed. They got into finding NGS marks from there, and the river squadrons foll...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LOMA auditors are very picky about legals ...

Bureaucrats overstepping their charter. If it doesn't create an ambiguity as to what property is being evaluated, they should have no business questi...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: US Power Squadron

I've seen some very good and some unbelievable reports by the Power Squadron. The other problem was that there appeared to be no encouragement to add...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Enough is Enough!!!!!!

Theatrical people solved that centuries ago: House Left is Stage Right and vice versa. You don't just say left or right, you attach the other word.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC True North

Truest North"Auto" sound like they are delegating it to the UNKNOWN and UNDESCRIBED software somebody put in a GPS unit.But for their purposes, I thin...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC True North

I edited the Wikipedia True North page to distinguish astronomical vs geodetic north, which they had apparently considered identical.Let me know if yo...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: FCC True North

Is there any reason this would not be geodetic north? Doesn't the FCC record location by lat-lon, thus making geodetic an appropriate interpretation?...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: What is the point?...

If the target and prism are tilted up (say) to look directly at the gun that is higher, then the increased distance of the prism relative to the targe...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Description of a Circle?

I'd think tops of rods 1 ft down would be reasonably safe from farming operations.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Indiana, Bloomington

Wish I'd known that when we visited relatives there. The Lilly Library was showing an exhibit of medieval manuscripts at that time, which was interes...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Gatorade... shore be hot t'day!

If you sweat a lot, you lose sodium and (I think) potassium. Taking an excess of salts probably has the effect you describe, but failing to replenish...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: About that Lightsquared

The GPS manufacturers designed according to the regulatory environment as it existed. The frequency band that LS wants to use was designated for sate...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: About that Lightsquared

I've seen no evidence that the US military is disinterested in GPS or have a replacement for it.Their secure access modes (look up SAASM and M-code) h...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Can you look up what freq. your GPS monitors?

>dipped further into "their" spectrum That's a misleading way to word it.The GPS frequencies are published. There's a chart in this link from a re...

15 years ago
Page 474 / 501