AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 5, 2026 2:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9716
Reply
RE: What could cause this?

Back in the days of brass transits, the advice given in some books was "keep your instrument in calibration, but use it as if it were out of cal." If...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Literature

Duh! Slow brain here. I didn't connect the initials to the Benchmark Hunters forum. I see Holograph's statistics list you at 357 reports to NGS. Bea...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How much is it going to cost?

This illustrates a missed marketing opportunity. It wouldn't apply to a survey, but in the cartoon she could easily have said something like "For $xx...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Literature

Maybe not Surveying in Literature, but Surveying in Fiction:Norman Van Valkenburgh mystery series:Murder in the Catskills has 'way more history than m...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Literature

So what brings you to surveying? The bio sounded like you would be too busy writing for that or this forum.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying Literature

br>I didn't figure it was the same Mr. Taylor, but there was a prior poem under his name on this forum:and he has posted about Virginia history, which...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS Games

You could probably get the solution even tighter....Is there an offset between Topcon and Trimble tripods, like there is for prisms? 😉

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I found a rotted wooden surveyor's stake...

Compared to many newspaper articles I've read where I knew the original story myself, I'd say you got a pretty good outcome. At least nothing is flat...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: 0.01 feet OFF and related BS

>So +/- 0.06 feet at BOTH ends of each ½ mile line = ~ +/- 9 arc-seconds of Bearing, and +/- 0.12 feet of distance (~95% confidence).Minor point no...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Improved Measuring Capabilities?

Chains, compasses, theodolites, EDM, various GPS techniqes ... they give you measurements, and they all have systematic errors and random probable err...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you settle?

Glad to see that someone else sees my point I tried to make above.It sounds like the present buyer isn't even the potential buyer that he did the work...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Would you settle?

>I am contracted by a 3rd party to survey a lot that a bank owns via foreclosure. We don't get paid and file a lien.How is a lien valid against a p...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Section 7

I Take It The BLM Does Not Understand The Whole PLSS ConcepTThe requirement may now be 21 ft, but most of the PLSS was completed with various larger c...

15 years ago
Topic
15 years ago
Replies: 36
Views: 1070
Reply
RE: Section 18...

Dave's description sounded like an interesting problem, but this picture isn't what I envisioned. The east half of the north line is not close to car...

15 years ago
Page 473 / 501