AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 507
Reply
RE: static or dynamic

Hijack - Nothing Like ItThere are hundreds of copies going cheap on ebay and Amazon.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the line?

So it just serves as a reference point? One that doesn't really agree well with what it is referencing? This might be the perfect place for a pincus...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: What's the oldest instrument you've worked with?

I can't claim I really used it, but I did get to point the Burt Solar Compass in my avatar picture to bring the sun image back between the lines.Other...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest Survey Monument in Your Home County

The oldest monument I've seen in my home county is a cast iron 10-mile post on the Iowa-Missouri border set in 1850. It was set on a retracement of a...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest Survey Monument in Your Home County

Were the GLO corners in Kansas originally stones? In a lot of older PLSS areas the original corners were post and mound, and were later perpetuated w...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Twas the Day of the Survey

TTTGlad to have John back participating. I'll take the liberty of bumping up his poem for the season.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: LightSquared: GPS not licensed; therefore not protected!!

Your television receiver and the radio receiver in your car aren't licensed, either, and the FCC has worked to prevent interference to those for decad...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I need a name for my...

I bought an old Dietzgen, that had been knocked over, to play with. I named it Gloria, as in Sick Transit Gloria ...No disrespect intended to Paul ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I need a name for my...

just don't have it working with Curly and Moe.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How is one survey better than another

This link to the county GIS may help visualize the description. I believe the western of the parcels in question is the one outlined in blue.County A...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How is one survey better than another

This copy of the case is easier to read:Google Scholar---------------------------Small world department: The second surveyor, Conklin, signed the plat...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Trying to explain traverse adjustment

How many people use 99% confidence and how many 95% or something else?

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Trying to explain traverse adjustment

I'd try something like this:Even though this data checks out pretty well, nothing is perfect. So we accept that there are tiny amounts of error in th...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Confrontational Email

It sounds like you need to send the certified letter. In it, include a copy of the TN laws.1. Include some paperwork from the FedGov about the job.2...

15 years ago
Page 465 / 501