AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Building Codes and the extra .01'

Where's the calibration certificate on his equipment? What is its design tolerance?

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Railway Curve and Spiral definitions

My point of view is that a circular curve has one radius and delta. You can describe it by different definitions of "degree" and "length". It's not ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Railway Curve and Spiral definitions

It would be interesting to see how they deal with the approximation built into the railroad formulas when fractional-station chords occur. As I think...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Double proportioning - new manual

>Joe Webber Sr. had an interesting book about the original surveysin the Midwest.Maybe this one:• EARLY PUBLIC LAND SURVEYS IN THE NORTHWEST TERRIT...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Observations of surveyors for 50 years

>I also know a lot of guys who couldn't calculate an arc-length without a computer program.This brings up something I've noticed: Why do they still...

15 years ago
Topic
Replies: 9
Views: 2286
Reply
RE: Nigerian Surveyor

UpdateThe business web page listed on his facebook page came up as cancelled. Not an encouraging sign.

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I had a monument idea...

DEEP-1 MagnetWhat are the odds that a magnet set by a government agency follows the color code as quoted on the Berntsen site, and the odds that one u...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I had a monument idea...

Coins under cornersObviously if monuments had cash value, even significant scrap value, somebody would dig them up without worrying about what they ma...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Old curve tables

I tried to check the given data against itself tonight, and mostly succeeded.115-116: that hard-to-read length is 334.0, not 353.016-16: radius bearin...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Old curve tables

Computed or Calculated used to and can still mean "found from numerical operations" whether that was done on paper, with a slide rule, with a Marchant...

15 years ago
Page 466 / 501