AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Post-Apocalyptic Survey Kit

AndyIn most measurement modes, my GTS-2B shuts off after about a minute of inactivity. How do you set it to run the battery down? I'd actually like ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Everybody else does it...

Fundamentally, the functions of recording and approval should be independent. You should be able to record any document that was legible and not obsc...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Post-Apocalyptic Survey Kit

Sling PsychrometerYou need humidity number to do the fine corrections on astronomical refraction.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Do owners ever rely on Right of Way monuments?

When someone working on a state or federal road project puts up monuments that look official and they are several feet wrong, then either someone is p...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Route Surveying for pipeline work

In case you didn't see it, this [msg=147302]recent thread[/msg] is worth looking through. An analysis like you suggest of taking the likely error in ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Are y'all taking pictures???

You don't even have to have equipment to get people wondering. When a friend first told me about geocaching, I decided to see if I could find his cac...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Slide Rule

>10 minus the log (a lot of 9.xxxx) The table gives the log of the function plus 10, or conversely the log sine is the table value minus 10.The sin...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What Next?

What happens when they sell?They have chain of title. It describes WHAT - a parcel of about that size about there.The monuments determine WHERE that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Astronomy

Not sure you have a long enough line for the GPS vector. Check what expected centering and GPS accuracy compute out to be in azimuth uncertainty.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: AT&T SIM cards dropping connections

A month or two ago there was a news story about AT&T not having the capacity to serve all their "unlimited data" subscribers and applying rationin...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm going to lob a bombshell for discussion

I have a clipping somewhere from the home town newspaper in which an old timer reminisces about working with a young guy who later went on to be an Ol...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm going to lob a bombshell for discussion

You shouldn't have to prove it original. The presumption would be that a monument is original, and you examine its character, position, and surroundi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Vs. Instrument

You might start with the example I posted late in this thread when we argued about this topic a little over a year ago.[msg=45467

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Just flew in from Bismarck...

Why is it that when I read the question, those names from decades ago popped into my mind without a second's hesitation, but I can't remember what I d...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Vs. Instrument

Link worked for me.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Vs. Instrument

When you are measuring angle and distance, there is nothing special or bad about being close to 180 degrees. You may be thinking of shallow angle-ang...

14 years ago
Page 454 / 501