AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Look what I found in Kingston MA while "Ground Truthing"

Did you check the latitude of the marker?Last time I checked an astronomically determined state boundary marker, its latitude was about a hundred yard...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: D Day 1944-

Off topic, but I remembered the town he was near in the Battle of the Bulge - Malmedy.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: D Day 1944-

That leaflet would be interesting to see.One of my uncles went through Omaha Beach in the middle of the afternoon. Not quite like the morning, but st...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar panels and 2° azimuth...

Alligning Solar PanelsThe EKS company web site says they all retired and the software is no longer available from them. The forms of their software i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar panels and 2° azimuth...

I'm guessing that 2 +/-2 degrees would give minimal loss of efficiency, but you won't convince the client of that. Note that cosine(2 degrees)=0.9994...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

The world isn't ready to move coordinates up the priority list of evidence until all surveyors learn that you only scale distances from grid to ground...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Dip

please post a photoThis ebay listing has some pictures of the 6100. My 6300 doesn't look much different. I'll be surprised if they get their asking ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Magnetic Locator

My old beat up Schonstedt 52 found a pair of 10d nails with their tops 6 inches down. Couldn't do it if there was anything else iron in the area.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic Dip

I checked my Dietzgen and the ring around the compass glass unscrews.My Davis, Foote, and Kelly Fifth Edition, 1966, has a detailed diagram of a "typi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

A foot away is entirely too close for a witness corner. As others have said, there is too much chance of confusion. The next guy may find one and sa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic Software

I looked for it earlier, and found that link, which was broken. It looked like they migrated a bunch of stuff to a new address and didn't take that a...

14 years ago
Page 455 / 501