Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
:good: It's the measurements, not the intermediate points, that count.If you have to do a closed traverse, give the intermediate points new numbers o...
Those old plats that mix 76, 57.5, 60.61, etc. and tempt you to treat that as 76.00 are often the plats that don't close mathematically within a foo...
The surveyor is liable to the board if he did something that was not good practice, not just an honest mistake made while trying to do it right.Financ...
Large closure error is proof that something is bad.Small closure error is lack of proof of anything.
I think I figured out my bad assumption and posted in the [msg=152286]other thread[/msg] an explanation that I believe is compatible with this excelle...
I see it now. You have one redundant measurement if you take N angles and N distances for an N-leg traverse. With the closure point you have 2N+2 co...
>Error of Closure is a function of your raw data set and where you begin your calculations.Closure of a simple non-redundant and unadjusted travers...
Parol not parole
>I would agree that it establishes the boundary between these two owners, but if one of them sells it would not transfer to the following owner, ba...
AC fields don't have much effect on a compass since they are trying to vibrate it back and forth 60 times per second and make no net pull. I wouldn't...
I was told that in the old days the proper on-tripod carry for any instrument was under the arm, instrument ahead of you so you could watch it. On th...
It doesn't matter what order you add vectors, the sum is the same.
Ultimate accuracy probably on the order of a recreational GPS, and that's assuming their system has lots of known locations monitoring the signals of ...
Are you sure about the direction?
Probably not necessary to block out the numbers. They're there for the world to see in person.