Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Like, curve to the right, L=2640 ft, R=15,800,000 ft ?At the sixteenth corner, it would make what, 0.04 difference?
Before the solar compass, the township line surveyor was supposed to do a Polaris sight as often as he could to determine the local declination (then ...
Jerry's article on the Shortcut Method:and his web site page introducing a PDF of historical writing on the subject.The link on his page appears to be...
If you don't do it, he'll have to hire Daryl.
If you calculate the azimuth of a point at the same latitude one mile west (or east)and then the azimuth to a point at the same latitude 1/2 mile west...
I believe Garmin has started to address this deficiency. I looked at a 78S in a store and I think I saw Lambert as an option in the user menu. Sever...
Don't Worry, Every Geodetic Line Is CurvedDarn. Why cant it be alt 360 for degrees 😉
You should always be prepared for any one electronic media failure to occur when you can least afford it, and maybe even two. What if the hard disk c...
All GPS work in WGS84 and do conversions to other datums selected from their menu.The older ones did a null conversion from WGS to NAD83, in keeping w...
That's a pretty arbitrary determination by the board. Readily discernible does not mean to me that it has to jump out at you, just hat it is readable...
Since that is pre-printed boilerplate, I doubt there was any thought given to the words, and would not reflect the intent if it differs from the typed...
A little more research...>The tooth count is possibly in error by as much as three teeth.Ok, who are you and what did you do with Kent?
A lot of property won't have enough vertical variation to make it useful, but I can see some value on big slopes.Rather than the absolute elevation, p...