AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 3:52 pm
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: Gravity's Increasing Gravitas

At first scan, this article looks very interesting, informative, and well researched. You've done a lot of work laying it out. I plan to read it mor...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you miss your old Lenker style rod?

How much slop do you see when you need to extend or retract the scale portion of the rod? I've heard that pretty much limits their applicability to t...

14 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Unlicensed practice

Advise the guy he doesn't have a survey. Sounds to me like a friend just marked the approximate location on the map as a favor to the guy. If he pai...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Shared Mainenance Easement

An easement grants certain rights of use. It is a one-way transfer - it doesn't usually require the grantee to take on any future obligations.A lawye...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Likelihood of Incompetence +/-0.10 ft.

Probably 99% of the public, lawmakers, and perhaps even regulatory bodies cannot understand statistics. It's one of the biggest gaps in the US educat...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Likelihood of Incompetence +/-0.10 ft.

You lost me with the 0.5 factor. If the north and east components have standard error sigma, then they combine as a Rayliegh distribution and the 95%...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Staking a line of longitude

MD WVA history might be relevantSince the definition is in terms of astronomic longitude, you need Dave's T4 and a time source. If the short portion ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Using Differences in Two Repeats to Estimate Uncertainty

The first difficulty is that these differences are probably highly correlated. I'd expect the differences to wander from day to day, and each set of ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Laptop Advice

Instead of clicking on links, I usually right-click and pick "open in new tab." Then when I'm done with the link I can delete the tab, and still have...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Vernacular

Here's a doozy...Paden - good job on the avatar picture. Wish it was higher resolution.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Courses

>not a lot of uniformity in the way data is presentedThe free 10-point demo mode of Star*Net is good, but I noticed differences between its reports...

14 years ago
Page 451 / 501