AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 4, 2026 6:52 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: printer recomendation request

I got a basic Brother brand laser printer last year and it works very well. The problem is that they designed in early termination on the toner cartr...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I gotta get 30 PDH's in before Jan. 1

Learning Least SquaresAfter you get your PDH taken care of, download Star*Net. Last I knew, the free demo mode had full functionality for data sets o...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Automatic backup script - very useful

That's essentially what I use to back up a lot of my folders to flash.You might want to consider the options /R /I also. To read about them, go to S...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Trick for Leveling from Water Surface

Another way to do itIf the distance from the gauge station is large, the orthometric correction could be significant. The water (if not close to the ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: I remember when....

antenna rotorsIn a city these days, if you had tried to explain it to them you'd have had to start by explaining what a TV antenna was.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Correction Deed

What does North mean?>EXACTLY!You found 4 corner monuments that are consistent with some interpretation of the description, and are not being chall...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Dropbox for off-site backup?

No, I don't think Dropbox has any schedule option.It backs up, as soon as internet connection allows, anything you copy into its folder. It knows not...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Baseline traversing methods in the early 1800's

The above link didn't work for me. I'll try one, although maybe they go out of date quickly?Drawing the lineRegarding solar compass: In the 1852 Iowa...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What would you do? (PLSS...in Florida)

Does FL have a statute regarding acquiescence?Sounds like the surveyors in the area ought to hold a collective meeting with the guy and read him Coole...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Client Observer

>poison ivy ... doesn't bother me like most peopleI'd still be careful. It often doesn't bother someone until they get too big a dose, and suddenl...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Solutions Anyone?

Thoughts of a non-LS:I concur with Paul that 75 must have been transposed from 57 on the original plat.The 19 ft discrepancy on the back of lot 2 is b...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do with a "found" GPS base?

"Found" it on their land with no batteries or cables. Hmmm.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Who am I bothering with my 25hz's?

Who am I bothering with my 25kHz?It's kHz, not Hz of bandwidth involved here.But to the point, yes any signal regardless of its modulation type in tha...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: When land was cheap(?)

To make a worthwhile comparison, you need to have a basket of goods and services at the two dates and look at all the different ratios among them. St...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying scavenger hunt....

It looks like she is at the corner of sections 12, 41, 47, and 98, but even the most screwed-up township I've seen on maps didn't go to section 98, on...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - $1 Bill

Ditch The $0.50 CoinYou mean they still use 50-cent pieces in your area? I haven't seen one in circulation for years.

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - $1 Bill

In 2009 I filled up at a pump in the remote areas of South Dakota where you multiplied the number by 10. It had been a long time since I had seen a pu...

14 years ago
Page 446 / 501