AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 11:19 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: What does the term "Best Fit" mean to you?

If no other details are given to define "best" then that's about all you can assume.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Benchmark or Bench Mark

The way I heard it, a vertical control point is a Bench Mark. Benchmark has various looser interpretations.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Geodetic network analysis

Is it really geodetic, in the sense that it deals with a curved (ellipsoidal) earth, or is it just plane trigonometry?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: New to forum - need some advice

Holy moly, what the heckYour Bovineness is believing in the registration accuracy of GIS?

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The dilution of precision (DOP)

The dilution of confidence>those nice plats from the 1950sIn my limited experience in this town, some plats are great and the field work may be als...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Track layout

What's the allowable tolerance? In a quick scan of the NCAA document, I didn't see one for race events.If I were specifying it, I think I'd make the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Controlling vertically in skyscrapers

Search this forum for Scott Zelenak's posts. He mentioned the difficulty of maintaining verticality several times.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: May Be of Some Interest

Shows that people using measurements over monuments has been a problem for a long time.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Government Lots (Not Numbered)

1855 ManualFigure B is also reproduced in Dodds, Original Instructions Governing Public Land Surveys of Iowa, foldout facing p. 144. It is better tha...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: What are the odds?

Do you need to be worried about refraction effects when you get a grazing line of sight past some obstacle? I've seen some weird effects through tree...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Some Odd and End Surveying Stuff I'm Selling

Your link beginsso won't work. Try this trimmed-down one

13 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Things manufacturers could do...

Not that I expect them to, but wouldn't it be nice if they set some interface standards, so that if they made a better data collector they could sell ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Basis of Bearings:

Or you could go as far as needed in all directions until you found an existing monument, and proportion in the missing ones.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Is an RTK Fix = correct point?

To get from 1 sigma to 2 sigma you multiply by 2. You don't use the ratio of confidence percentages because the statistical distributions are heavy i...

13 years ago
Page 427 / 501