AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
bill93
bill93
@bill93
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: July 1, 2010 9:00 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 11:19 am
Topics: 291 / Replies: 9715
Reply
RE: I must have been lost....

Searching the data bases for it may have been complicated because the triangulation station is in Kentucky but its azimuth mark is in Virginia, just o...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Vertical datum in Google Earth

The free version does give me elevations.Whatever datum they almost use, the values are smoothed and don't follow detailed terrain features. I'd almo...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Undergraduate Project Idea's

Undergraduate Project IdeasWhy did anybody need a model? Didn't the detectives stand there by the window and look?Spelling police: someone at a univ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking EDM with steel tape

An EDM has at least three potential error sources to consider.1. Zero offset2. Distance scale factor3. Cyclic errorYou can easily find the zero offset...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: baffled

Looks like somebody who is not familiar with quadrant bearing notation but is trying to express them that way. They took azimuth and put the quadrant...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Anybody heard from Deral lately?

thnx..I couldn't find him by name, but succeeded with DeralofLawtonI don't do facebook, so maybe there's something I missed the first time.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Field Book vs Electronic Data Collector

The strict rules concerning recording, dating, listing equipment, etc. and never erasing were applied in EVERY lab course I had in any college subject...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Good day in the field

It's hard to believe the domestic turkey is related to the wild one. As a teenager I helped a neighbor vaccinate and later, load out their turkeys. ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Table A, Item 19

I think being a wetland has a lot more to do with what vegetation grows there than on water levels, so appropriate training is needed.Getting certifie...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Note on survey map

Like the ancient maps - "There be dragons here."

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey work in Belgium #35 (pics)

Seems strange they would sell them at 13.77 inches and 23.62 inches long instead of 18+, 24+, or 30+ inches inches, to be technically compliant in tho...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Instrument Accuracy

That certainly is true of some manufacturers in some of their series. But I wouldn't bet on it for all.Surely it's worth the time to find the manuals...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Funny Basis of Bearing

Alternative interpretation: the distances are horizontal distances at the surface as opposed to on the ellipsoid.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Concrete monuments, perpetuation thereof

Use the center, and expect the next person to do likewise. Then you don't need a nail.For magnetic locating, use a magnet or some piece of iron that ...

13 years ago
Page 428 / 501